Huge weekend coming up

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
What with Giants losing tonight, our conflict with the Steelers Saturday is really huge, like Mega Huge. If we can take this one that’s a huge leap in the standings, this game has the potential to be a real belter, Steelers are scoring for fun, they have scored a massive 52 goals more than they have conceeded, they have averaged 4.38 goals for per game. Fortunately for them they don’t play anyone of our standard every week, this game really really is a 4 pointer, and a win in regulation time would be huge in every way. If ever we needed to be the extra man then this is it, we need to be so intimidating the Steelers players don’t even want to go on the ice, next Saturday is about really putting our stamp on this game, and showing these pretenders dream on you lot, you may be good and on a run, but it ends tonight. So come on you beauties tonight was the perfect oppurtunity to get us in the mood, let’s do this together and send these Northerners home with JACK ALL.
Happy Hockey Days

hip check

I absolutely agree with your sentiments regarding us fans making noise and being the extra man, but disagree slightly with the comment "they don't play anyone of our standard every week".
Don't forget we've been turned over by virtually every side in this league sometime during this season, so to say we are a standard higher than the majority of sides is a bit disrespectful and false, those teams of lesser standard e.g. Blaze, Storm etc have taken some scalps so far this season including ours.
If we're not totally on our game we will get turned over and we know the rollercoaster we've already seen from Devil's..from sublime to cringe worthy.
I look forward to an intriguing game.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #5
Lighten up dude, that was said with tongue in cheek, i know only too well any team in this league, can beat any team in this league.

If we play to our absolute best we can blow you away. We aren't very consistent defensivley though and we're light on fit players so I doubt we'll see that. Ultimately you'll be in the hunt for all 3 trophies so if we have any aspirations then we'll need to beat you at some point.

More than happy with our rebuild season though considering last year's unmitigated disaster!

Hedd Wyn John

Yes the Steelers game is huge. We're gonna need to be firing on all cylinders to win but I think if we come out firing on all cylinders with the crowd behind us we can certainly do it. My main concern is our D at times is a little iffy & Steelers scoring numbers speak for itself so we're gonna need Bowns on top form and our D playing like their lives depended on it. I do think we need to score early & keep the pressure on because if we go behind we do have a habit of pushing too far forward & making risky passes when we're chasing the game.

Samael

Yes the Steelers game is huge. We're gonna need to be firing on all cylinders to win but I think if we come out firing on all cylinders with the crowd behind us we can certainly do it. My main concern is our D at times is a little iffy & Steelers scoring numbers speak for itself so we're gonna need Bowns on top form and our D playing like their lives depended on it. I do think we need to score early & keep the pressure on because if we go behind we do have a habit of pushing too far forward & making risky passes when we're chasing the game.
Bownsey always raises his game against the Steelers, I have zero doubt in him pulling out another stellar perfomance. I'm more concerned about what skates in front of him and if frustration sets in will the discipline slip. Hopefully Morisonn makes the difference. I think it's going to be a very edgy game, lets just hope the officiating doesnt strangle the life out of it. Wouldnt surprise me if we lose by a goal or two and then Belfast beat them again in their next match.

ASHIPP

A four pointer game. Devils need to carry the momentum from last weekend and stay completely disciplined and focused.

Steelers' awesome scoring power continued even with Vallerand and Dowd out. Are they back for this weekend. If Devils can execute a game plan to nullify those Steelers' scoring opportunities our guys are in with a chance.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #20
That injury looked very bad, such an awkward crash into the boards, Del Luca now on crutches hope the lad is okay.