Inquest

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
Great win v steelers, but what happened last weekend, is it because belfast had an out and out enforcer in pelich and we feared him , it seemed like, tonight steelers no enforcer as such and we play our free flowing game knowing our team are not going to get nailed, just seems like we bottle it against teams with enforcers, would love a Doty or a younger andrew sharp in our team just in case...just saying..

BostonBart22

Thread starter #2
Great win v steelers, but what happened last weekend, is it because belfast had an out and out enforcer in pelich and we feared him , it seemed like, tonight steelers no enforcer as such and we play our free flowing game knowing our team are not going to get nailed, just seems like we bottle it against teams with enforcers, would love a Doty or a younger andrew sharp in our team just in case...just saying..

Referring to the title of the thread....as an adult who has played a contact sport (rugby at an amateur level) I cannot realistically see this being the case and if so I very much doubt the seasoned pros on our roster wouldve carved out a carrier in hockey. I also didn't see Pelech as being some gigantuous menace which I have seen described in the Belfast games...I saw a quality physically hockey player yes but I wouldn't say an overly fearly presence to the point that would have a whole roster looking over their shoulders. Most likely scenario....we were poor last weekend and Belfast executed a sound gameplay....this weekend we have played a much improved game against a lesser prepared and maybe complacent (taking into account recent results) team!

voth26

Obviously.........

You seem to only post to cause conflict. Seems your alter ego has taken over your reality.
I don't post to cause conflict at all I asked a
Obviously.........

You seem to only post to cause conflict. Seems your alter ego has taken over your reality.
Not at all and my reality is fine thanks for asking, I just don't understand your constant negative posts even hen we win?

Diablo3

For me the big difference today, we defended as if our lives depended on it.. case in point Richie who we will be lucky to see tomorrow. We also took shots whenever we could, from wherever we could. Nothing to do with "enforcers"

Wannabe2

Difference today is the Steelers didn’t turn up. Good to get a win, but it wasn’t a competition.
knock it off mate we totally outplayed those pretenders all night, keep knocking us because we are back, if you can’t hack that then that’s your problem. We played the perfect road game tonight and our sept devils have returned, we now move onto the Clan perhaps they won’t turn up either. Well played lads you made them look very poor tonight.

Mazzoak

knock it off mate we totally outplayed those pretenders all night, keep knocking us because we are back, if you can’t hack that then that’s your problem. We played the perfect road game tonight and our sept devils have returned, we now move onto the Clan perhaps they won’t turn up either. Well played lads you made them look very poor tonight.
Im not knocking us, look at my prediction, I predicted a win, if that’s negative, go figure. I’m reserving judgment on us being back, based on who put the goals in, who didn’t play etc etc. I don’t have a problem with us winning, how you get that conclusion. If that was Sheffield on form, makes Belfast result even worse, and you actually believe that, with all your years watching hockey, well I’m stunned.

Anyway Happy Hockey Days.

Mazzoak

Comes to something when even the losing teams coach likes what they did, but says we were better, but an armchair fan from Cardiff says they didn’t turn up.
Good job coach, who are you up against next...?
You actually believe that. Wow

As for coaching, you do know the difference between coaching and opinion, right

JC23

You actually believe that. Wow

As for coaching, you do know the difference between coaching and opinion, right
Of course I do. And I also believe that a coach who has been at a much higher level than the EIHL, would have a slight better idea of how he feels his team did, than a fan of another team who has no idea of how he sent his team out to play.

Mazzoak

Of course I do. And I also believe that a coach who has been at a much higher level than the EIHL, would have a slight better idea of how he feels his team did, than a fan of another team who has no idea of how he sent his team out to play.
Obviously. Just as he’s not going to say he lost to a shit team, playing shit and we are worse, now is he............

JC23

No, but is he that kinda coach, now answer honestly.
In my experience of him I don’t think he’d sugar coat it. I’ve seen him be honest about his feelings on everything else, don’t think he’d be any different about how his team played tbh.

Side bar; I’m actually enjoying this debate because it hasn’t melted down to insults and toys being thrown. Kudos. Others could take note...

Mazzoak

My impression is under normal circumstances he’s unlikely to disrespect opposition or coaches. And he’s no fool when it comes to the media.

JC23

My impression is under normal circumstances he’s unlikely to disrespect opposition or coaches. And he’s no fool when it comes to the media.
I think you’re right. He knows what he’s doing. But at the same time, looking at the stats (admittedly, games aren’t played on paper) they technically outplayed us. Outshot, they had more PP’s, and they should have won if you look at it that way. I’d say that was them playing well.

For us to go there with three imports missing (Benti, Masi, Redds) and to come away with that win is nuts.

As I’m sure you’ll say, (and have said above I believe) there are worries about where the goals came from etc, and I agree. But, win as a team, lose as a team.