New Signing!

SteveKing

Needless to say I'm extremely excited about Shaone coming to join us. As Lordo mentioned, he's been on the radar for a while and through most of the summer it looked like he was coming but he's a very successful businessman back home in Vancouver and needed to make sure everything was tidy before he could commit. Now that he's here, there is only one thing on his mind and that's winning a title. Please make Shaone, his wife and son welcome in Cardiff as you guys always do!

mjh

Needless to say I'm extremely excited about Shaone coming to join us. As Lordo mentioned, he's been on the radar for a while and through most of the summer it looked like he was coming but he's a very successful businessman back home in Vancouver and needed to make sure everything was tidy before he could commit. Now that he's here, there is only one thing on his mind and that's winning a title. Please make Shaone, his wife and son welcome in Cardiff as you guys always do!
Thank you Mr The King.

august04

I’m thinking maybe move Reddick as a forward and then partner this guy up with maybe Jardine or Fourns...could be an option. Great signing!
If nobody is leaving, then Reddick becomes the 7th D man for me and the odd man out on D. Saying that, the guy gives his all, so I wouldn’t mind seeing him on the right wing on the 4th line. He could do a job there. I’m looking forward to finally seeing an opposing winger get smashed into the boards instead of cruising around our D without anyone laying a finger on them!

Wannabe2

Thank you Steve, amazing signing as you know the whole Morrison family will get a proper Welsh Welcome, awesome Xmas pressie for us all,just what the Doctor ordered. Thanks again all Devils Managment and certainly Mr Andrew Lord.

Devils86

Maybe someone on D is carrying a minor injury. He doesn’t seem the player you drop a Fournier/McMonagle/Reddick for. A tough decision but a nice problem to have.

One question...

Devils have announced he’s going to wear 55 this weekend (against Storm away and Flyers at home - both in the league) and then revert to 28 for the rest of the season. So the black 55 is for? (Anyway thats me being really petty)

What a signing - let’s hope that at 36 he still has it. Linglet shows he can still do it, polar opposite players though.

Great work by all concerned

august04

Maybe someone on D is carrying a minor injury. He doesn’t seem the player you drop a Fournier/McMonagle/Reddick for. A tough decision but a nice problem to have.
I think he’s exactly the kind of player you bring into our roster to replace an offensive D man. This gives our D much better balance, we were too offensive by far. And nobody is dropping Fournier anyway!

Last edited:

ASHIPP

OMG what fantastic news. A quality quality player who we have been lucky enough to see a couple of years ago during the Devils' preseason schedule. He was the outstanding player on a very strong roster.

Hoping his skill and experience will have the same impact as Strachs on our Team.

Welcome to Cardiff, Shaone and Family. Thank you the Ownership, TK and Lordo for facilitating this amazing move.

Last edited:

Sliput

One question...

Devils have announced he’s going to wear 55 this weekend (against Storm away and Flyers at home - both in the league) and then revert to 28 for the rest of the season. So the black 55 is for? (Anyway thats me being really petty)
Not being petty at all . Interesting, to find out the reason. Or maybe I am just nosey :)

august04

Seriously, some of you guys need to get over the fact that Reddick proved you all wrong.
Reddick becoming the 7th D man is just silly.

Great signing, looking to seeing him play up close.
It’s my opinion. I wouldn’t sit any of the other D men before him when they’re all fit. You may disagree and you’re entitled to do that, it’s what a forum is all about.

CaldicotDevil

Seriously, some of you guys need to get over the fact that Reddick proved you all wrong.
Reddick becoming the 7th D man is just silly.

Great signing, looking to seeing him play up close.
It’s an interesting call. Based on stats Jardine sits it out. Him & Reddick have similar stats & similar point production but Jardine PIMS are just insanely high at the moment.

It’s a lovely problem to have. However if I was Lordo I’d pair Jardine & Morrison up. I think Jardine playing with an experienced head will become an incredible pairing. Reddick would become 7th D man. I also wouldn’t sacrifice Duggan mins just to play Reddick or Mosey (when he returns) in the forwards. Sam developing nicely as a player.

My gut feeling is Fourns may be leaving for a higher league. No facts to support this but just going on my gut feeling.