Devils vs Stars - 10 Oct 19 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils welcome the Stars to the Viola tonight. Devils will be looking to bounce back to winning ways after their trip to Frölunda.

Last edited:

mjh

Bit of a strange one straight after Frolunda. Hopefully the boys use it to get the loss out of their system and to stick it to the stars. Stars are a solid team who can beat anyone on their day. I'm calling this one 3-1 to the Devils with a goal for the GOAT, Linger and Haddad. Come on DevNation!

osh

When we play Frolunda this coming Tuesday, we will have played 6 games in 10 days ! you’d think a little bit more thought would go into playing that number of games when we also have to travel abroad in the process. I ‘m sure someone will come up with a reason for doing so, but cant understand why fixtures have been crammed together for such important European fixtures being involved.

ASHIPP

Our Guys are already knackered. The schedule is punishing. Hope they have something in the tank.... 4 vital league points to secure before Frolunda on Tuesday.

Temme

When we play Frolunda this coming Tuesday, we will have played 6 games in 10 days ! you’d think a little bit more thought would go into playing that number of games when we also have to travel abroad in the process. I ‘m sure someone will come up with a reason for doing so, but cant understand why fixtures have been crammed together for such important European fixtures being involved.
The CHL games were always Tuesday/Tuesday, but which team was an unknown (not that it matters as its a trip abroad regardless)

The most logical thing was to move the Dundee game from Saturday to tonight (which they would have done before the fixtures went public i would guess)

6 games in 10 days is ridiculous amount even carrying spare players, let alone 3? 4? bodies down.

Frolunda play exactly the same almost - Tuesday, tonight (Thursday), Saturday, Tuesday & Thursday, Saturday the following week also.

I guess that's just how it is when domestic fixtures have to accommodate CHL??

Imp

The 10 day period is slightly artificial. NORMAL routine would be 5 games in 9 days: Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday (ie. Mid-week), Saturday, Sunday... but that’s basically the same as the 14 day routine, arbitrarily shaved to make it seem more intense.

Yes, it’s a pain, but the bottom line is that if you play in Europe your schedule increases from 3 games per week to 4 games per week (for some part of the season) ... and you just have to manage it. I think we‘re all expecting the team sheets tonight (against Dundee) and on Sunday (against Coventry) to reflect the current workload.

jenks33

I’ll take any type of win tonight. I don’t care if we’re poor for 60 minutes and win 1-0 with a scrappy goal. When you play Sat, Sun, Tue, Thurs + the travel it’s unfair to expect too much tonight.

Imp

@DundeeStars
POTENTIAL DUNDEE GOAL! Cownie through on goal and maneges to get the puck through the legs of Bowns. Although Haddad crashes into the goal and takes it off its moorings. However he puck was going to bobble in and referees; Stefan Hogarth and Dean Smith currently looking at.
@DundeeStars
Grand Larceny taking place in Cardiff. Bowns robs Dufour on a breakaway with an important pad save before Leclerc denies the Devils three times then covers the puck up behind the goal! 1-1 Six minutes left in the first!
At work. Raiding social media for game updates ...