Devils vs Flames - 14 Sept 19 - CC

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils start their domestic season off with a visit from Guildford Flames for a Challenge Cup group match.

moggy#9

It will be interesting how we approach this given the relative meaningless of the early CC games. I'd like to have murdy start this one and use it as an opportunity to further improve some systems.

mjh

I'm wondering how we will approach this one. Wondering if the team will adopt the same style played in CHL or otherwise. Always enjoy seeing the Flames play. My second favourite Eihl team. Should be a good one.

mjh

Glad Mr Ferguson was thrown out. Looked a complete numbskull to me. Bryce is proving that our Reddick is better than there's. Pope is hitting with body and fists and at times, the team look very comfortable. Guildford had the better end to the second. Hopefully more goals to come for the Devils in the third.

Comfortable win for the Devils I second the above point in that we always seemed to have more gears to go through if necessary! No disrespect to Guildford who have had a short pre season but we looked a class above tonight! Interesting to know what happened to Sointu as he didn't appear for the 3rd period? Was very impressed with Pope tonight he seemed to play with a grit tonight we haven't seen so much of in previous seasons and very clever initiating a fight with Ferguson after his bout with Reddick (who had a great game himself).

I dont think we were out of 2nd gear for most of the match. Played well in 1st & sat back a little.
Yeh I agree, nice to know we can play our game even against a team like Guildford who are so quick. Another performance like that against Clan would be nice maybe a few goals for the guys who didn't score tonight.

jenks33

Glad Mr Ferguson was thrown out. Looked a complete numbskull to me. Bryce is proving that our Reddick is better than there's. Pope is hitting with body and fists and at times, the team look very comfortable. Guildford had the better end to the second. Hopefully more goals to come for the Devils in the third.
I thought Ferguson showed a lack of class in both fights. He had two or three extra digs when Pope and Reddick were flat out on the ice.
Pope could really do with a goal and he deserves a goal. I’ve been impressed with his all round contributions so far this season. He’s throwing his body around and he’s making sure that if he’s not contributing with goals then he’s contributing in other areas.

matbur

I thought we allowed Flames to remain in the game for far too long, which didn't reflect our dominance.

Challenge Cup means very little but a good exercise for the players ahead of tomorrow.