Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

Devils86

I've got a feeling the new video always takes a few weeks to emerge as @Paul Sullivan and co get the footage that they need?

I'm sure something will turn up shortly :D
FWIW I’m happy with the current stuff (video to be updated) albeit my long standing longing to get dry ice for when the players emerge (as opposed to smoke which people complained about).

Sully knows what he’s doing and puts on a great show. I say give him back control of the warm up music

T10P

FWIW I’m happy with the current stuff (video to be updated) albeit my long standing longing to get dry ice for when the players emerge (as opposed to smoke which people complained about).

Sully knows what he’s doing and puts on a great show. I say give him back control of the warm up music
Yeah I miss the old warm up playlist :(

James

Administrator
Isn't there a problem with dry ice on an ice surface where it just sits about for ages and doesn't disperse?

Devilsatw

Bulmer 2 match ban for kneeing.

Davies gets a 2 match ban for apparently chucking a peg from the goals at the crowd on Sunday.

A 1 game ban to kalns for a check to the head of Craig Moore.

What makes me sick is Sheffield are making a song up and find it funny what Davies did. He could have hurt someone and especially a kid.

osh

Ben Blood won't be back any time soon. Just signed on with Tampere for 3 more years.
Ben Blood wasn’t the great player people make out in my opinion. Yes, he was quite a character but Scheistel was a better technical player and did the simple things correctly without ever costing us too many penalties.

moggy#9

Ben Blood wasn’t the great player people make out in my opinion. Yes, he was quite a character but Scheistel was a better technical player and did the simple things correctly without ever costing us too many penalties.
Good luck to him, but I hope that losing players to higher leagues mid season isn't a regular problem.

Temme

This is not a knock on Scheistel, but Ben Blood is 10x the player Scheistel was.

He was the best defensive D man on the Tappara roster last year, without question.
He lead all D men in +/- whilst only playing 37 games, and with +15 almost lead the entire team (+16 leads).

Just my opinion on it though. We signed him because he couldn't get a Liiga contract (paying a significant amount more), and then re-signed there after us and had his best season yet, he was still improving, rather than on the decline.

I whole heartedly disagree that Scheistel was even close to Ben Blood - and Scheistel was a decent enough player.

But completely respect your opinion on it also :)

moggy#9

Good luck to him, but I hope that losing players to higher leagues mid season isn't a regular problem.

osh

This is not a knock on Scheistel, but Ben Blood is 10x the player Scheistel was.

He was the best defensive D man on the Tappara roster last year, without question.
He lead all D men in +/- whilst only playing 37 games, and with +15 almost lead the entire team (+16 leads).

Just my opinion on it though. We signed him because he couldn't get a Liiga contract (paying a significant amount more), and then re-signed there after us and had his best season yet, he was still improving, rather than on the decline.

I whole heartedly disagree that Scheistel was even close to Ben Blood - and Scheistel was a decent enough player.

But completely respect your opinion on it also :)
10x the player ? Dream on ( and I also fully respect your opinion too ) Blood May have had decent stats at Tappara but he tried too hard to impress with us and cost us with penalties. Scheistels distribution was better than Bloods and because he wasn’t so flamboyant, he went unnoticed by many. I’m looking forward to seeing him back here with the Blaze.

Rempel16

10x the player ? Dream on ( and I also fully respect your opinion too ) Blood May have had decent stats at Tappara but he tried too hard to impress with us and cost us with penalties. Scheistels distribution was better than Bloods and because he wasn’t so flamboyant, he went unnoticed by many. I’m looking forward to seeing him back here with the Blaze.
I'm with Temme on this one. For me, Blood was a far better player. He was clearly too good for this league from the outset and i'm happy that he's had a second opportunity at Liiga.

Schiestel was a decent signing at the point in the season that we had him, but he frustrated me considerably at times. He wasn't flashy, but I could never work out if he was supposed to be defensive or offensive (hence the 2-way tag i suppose) as he was never brilliant at either. I think it speaks volumes that he's at Coventry now and not a bigger team (with all due respect to them).

Kevin roog

Re the intro music”kick start my heart” it’s about a drug overdose and needing his heart re started. Probably be stopped if sully gets any complaints