Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

jenks33

Well I still think we will sign another player, and will be very very surprised if we don’t. But it won’t be any old player that won’t make a difference, the league has turned into a chess match, and we still have a move to make.
I’m starting to think we probably won’t now Wannabe. We possibly might in October/November time but don’t you think they’d have been in by now if they wanted a spare for the CHL or start of the league campaign?

Well I still think we will sign another player, and will be very very surprised if we don’t. But it won’t be any old player that won’t make a difference, the league has turned into a chess match, and we still have a move to make.
We definitely aren’t signing another player unless we have an injury.

Temme

I'd rather quality of imports over quantity of imports every time.
That's quite an interesting theory, I've wondered before if a team would ever consider deliberately starting the season an import short so that they can pay a couple of other players significantly more & attract higher end talent.

However, the whole spare/not spare debate is tricky; undoubtedly there will be times through this year where we are short benched & Rutkis steps in, as guys will get injured etc.

Hopefully this isn't the case, it's always a bit of a gamble and no team really has any clue how many injuries they'll pick up along the way.

Wannabe2

We definitely aren’t signing another player unless we have an injury.
How can you state that we definately ain’t unless of injury, are you one of our awesome owners, or Lordo in disguise. Definately is a very big word to use unless you are defo in the know. Anyway I still disagree with you, and I reckon we will, so there.

ASHIPP

Finances dictate the resources available to fulfill targets and ambitions. If the Devils aim to progress to the next round of the CHL (rather than crashing out in round 1), you would hope they will try to make sure they have as many fit and ready players as possible in the squad. This will also help enormously with the heavy domestic schedule they will hit fairly quickly after CHL starts.
Finances will influence this...... and the seriousness of injuries to Joey Martin and others carrying any niggles. Not much time left to take any necessary action.
Are Giants and Panthers carrying additional players for their European games?

Last edited:

jenks33

Finances dictate the resources available to fulfill targets and ambitions. If the Devils aim to progress to the next round of the CHL (rather than crashing out in round 1), you would hope they will try to make sure they have as many fit and ready players as possible in the squad. This will also help enormously with the heavy domestic schedule they will hit fairly quickly after CHL starts.
Finances will influence this...... and the seriousness of injuries to Joey Martin and others carrying any niggles. Not much time left to take any necessary action.
Are Belfast and Panthers carrying additional players for their European games?
I think Panthers, Giants and Steelers all have a spare import. We do with mosey but we won’t see him for a while. Any updates on him? He seems to be progressing well from a couple of things I’ve seen on twitter. Hopefully he’s back earlier than expected

Rob Batch

CHL Mountfield HK next week, how confident are we ? Today I saw highlights of Sunday's game and it looked a bit scrappy to me but what do I know. How good are Mountfield and how good are we ?

Pity you don’t quote properly!

Happy hockey days!!! Pure joy blah blah blah. One day you’ll be less delusional and not want to blow smoke up Steve King’s ass! He’s great, saved the club etc etc, but doesn’t need reminding every post from you, we have a budget and will stick to it. No spare import is coming. Which I assume from your previous posts means the owners lack ambition because they aren’t getting a spare?

Swarley

CHL Mountfield HK next week, how confident are we ? Today I saw highlights of Sunday's game and it looked a bit scrappy to me but what do I know. How good are Mountfield and how good are we ?
It's gonna be interesting to see if we come out with the same fire we did the first two friendly games, I think we might come up short against them if our defence isnt on the ball and we don't come out strong like the last few games, for me Jardine still doesn't look settled which can be a knock on effect to the rest of the team so fingers crossed he's settled in by then.