Devils Vs Panthers - 17 + 18 Aug 19 - Preseason Double Header

Wannabe2

That tells me more about our D to be honest. A disappointing result no matter how you dress it up. Panthers also missing a player or two I believe and it was their first game. Need to improve tomorrow night.
Why is it disappointing, nobody knows how good or how bad Panthers are, No Martin, No Haddad, and no Bowns, away to Panthers and lose by 1 goal, how is that disappointing.

august04

The result means nothing, you don’t get any points for winning in pre-season, although I’m sure Lord wants to win every game! I’m more concerned about Haddad not playing again, given all his problems last year. Let’s just hope it’s not related to last year’s injury. Martin out already for 4 pre-season games (assuming he doesn’t play tomorrow). For me, it just re-emphasises the need for us to sign a spare import as quickly as possible so that we can get off to the start that we need over the next few weeks. I’m pleased for Murdy, and hope he gets used more this season. He’s too good a goalie to see his talent wasted sat on the bench week in week out.

voth26

The result means nothing, you don’t get any points for winning in pre-season, although I’m sure Lord wants to win every game! I’m more concerned about Haddad not playing again, given all his problems last year. Let’s just hope it’s not related to last year’s injury. Martin out already for 4 pre-season games (assuming he doesn’t play tomorrow). For me, it just re-emphasises the need for us to sign a spare import as quickly as possible so that we can get off to the start that we need over the next few weeks. I’m pleased for Murdy, and hope he gets used more this season. He’s too good a goalie to see his talent wasted sat on the bench week in week out.
I like Haddad and i know this will sound harsh and i dont mean it to but if he's going to miss games on a regular basis I'd rather we replace him now and not take a chance on him hopefully lasting the season

Sliput

That's the thing with friendlies, pre-season training is very good in spotting quirks/chemistry etc......but until we have played teams once/twice , you can't really work their weaknesses/strengths etc....how to match/stop/ score against them

jenks33

I like Haddad and i know this will sound harsh and i dont mean it to but if he's going to miss games on a regular basis I'd rather we replace him now and not take a chance on him hopefully lasting the season
This is the issue with not having a spare import (yet). Haddad will miss games and other players might be out of form. If the money is there a spare import is a must

Wannabe2

The club will do the right thing, they are the professionals, but they will only sign a player that will make a difference. Having said that we have a wicked team, and we will be just fine.

osh

Why is it disappointing, nobody knows how good or how bad Panthers are, No Martin, No Haddad, and no Bowns, away to Panthers and lose by 1 goal, how is that disappointing.
Why is it disappointing ? Irrespective of Haddad and Martin missing, Panthers also had players missing, this was Panthers first game and our third plus we have trained together a little longer than they have. We are shortly to play CHL games and I expected us to be one step ahead of Panthers at this stage, that’s why it’s disappointing to me and I have no doubt it will be disappointing to Lord as well. It’s worth noting also that Murdy played very well and kept the score down by the sounds of things so hardly a poor replacement for Bowns ( and good to see him get game time also )
Put it this way, I will be disappointed again tonight if we don’t win.

ASHIPP

Only 14 shots on goal for the Devils - is that stat correct? Panthers' fans happy with the size and defensive display from their players. They were missing two or three on their roster too.

Devilsatw

I’m not worried about a pre season result although 14 shots is a bit poor considering our line up,

We are most probably still messing the lines about and I think the serious action will start taking place against blaze next week.