Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

ASHIPP

Looks like he might have been injured a couple of seasons ago? - only played a few games. He has been on loan to AHL teams as a backup also.... no guarantee of much game time there. Majority of his stats have been upper 90-92%.That's OK. The Fife fans seem pleased with the signing.

ENTERTAINING is a word to describe him and I am in no doubt will increase attendances. Looks like he can play a little aswell. Just hope he is a clean player rather than some of the ones we have seen over the many years that were simply goons. From what I have seen though I think he will be a little unruly at times but will do Belfast some good whether he is on the ice or waiting and ready in the bench.
Have a feeling Josh and Luis will be busy this year unless we can sign a player who is prepared to take the protector role. Personally I would love to see a couple of characters back in the league whilst still maintaining the majority of the skill set. Miss some of the golden years with the anticipation of a lively game before face off, during and post.

And if you are one of the ones that is going to say that there is no need for it in the modern game and it doesn't excite you then ask yourself the same question IF and by chance you find yourself stood up and clapping during a dropped gloves moment.

Reality is that it does add an exiting edge to a game and something else to anticipate in the build up to a particular fixture. And like a winning team it does also increase revenue, it always has done through the years of hockey.

Think Belfast needed some toughness having lost Vandermeer, and Riley. Smotherman ain’t no shrinking violet, but you don’t want him in the bin. Belfast again will be a force, with a bit of entertainment thrown in. Our games could be quite interesting. Sorry forgot about Pellech, who could be the toughest in the league. So Pellech for Vandermeer, and Farnham for Riley.
Didn't realise they signed Pellech...Ouch! Think he will also surprise a lot of people.

E.D.S.

Vallerand could be one hell of a signing for Steelers
Hmmmm I am not sure, he may be and I like the fact that he is clearly a character but.... is he actually that good? When he was the main man at Cov he did a good job but took silly penalties and I was never quite sure about his team play. the Alps Leagues is hit and miss, although to be fair his number have been good, but the EIHL is better than when he left and he will be playing for a team that wants to be champions. A lot of pressure and I am not totally convinced. Actually I have been surprised by Sheffield’s signings so far as I expected a far larger churn of players. Barasso did a great job getting them to respectability but my feeling was that it was his doing rather than the players yet they have re-signed a significant number of the squad that underperformed in 18/19. Not sure what the thinking is in Steelerland....
Sorry Kettdevil1.... I couldn't help but bring this up again as we seem to be looking back at early season predictions. I'm never right about this stuff.

kettdevil1

Sorry Kettdevil1.... I couldn't help but bring this up again as we seem to be looking back at early season predictions. I'm never right about this stuff.
Fair play, I’ll chalk that one up. I am still not a fan but he has been a great fit in Sheffield and despite a lot of their fans currently moaning, for me they have overperformed this season and Vallerand has been a big factor why.
I can’t be bothered to trawl back but I think I said that if we finished above Belfast we would be champions. For me the surprises have been Sheffield doing better than expected, Belfast worse and Coventry’s transformation into a team worth watching

E.D.S.

Fair play, I’ll chalk that one up. I am still not a fan but he has been a great fit in Sheffield and despite a lot of their fans currently moaning, for me they have overperformed this season and Vallerand has been a big factor why.
I can’t be bothered to trawl back but I think I said that if we finished above Belfast we would be champions. For me the surprises have been Sheffield doing better than expected, Belfast worse and Coventry’s transformation into a team worth watching
Completely agree. Sheffield and Coventry are the standouts