Behind the bench podcast

Gazza272

We have a big episode up on the early rivaliry between the Devils and the Steelers! on course to be our best downloaded episode ever.

Wagstaff

Picked up on this only this Friday and listened to the first two episodes, Devils may not be my team but it was a good listen, thanks :)

Yes we plan to do regular episodes any suggestions for topics are welcome
Seeing as the rosters are nearly finalized, you guys could look at league wide recruitment and maybe a season preview for 19/20 :) would love to hear what you guys think of the next 9months or so!

Gazza272

Seeing as the rosters are nearly finalized, you guys could look at league wide recruitment and maybe a season preview for 19/20 :) would love to hear what you guys think of the next 9months or so!
We have discussed this, potentially in video form...... we'll have a discuss about it this weekend I'm sure. Our Way back machine, does have forward gears as well! :)

terry hunt

I notice from Dave Simms's posts that he is a great fan of the podcast.
He has suggested that he contributes to the next phase of the podcast.
Whatever you think of him he has a great source of stories about our league you could tap into.

voth26

Been listening to the Tough Guys episodes today and as a relatively new Devils fan compared to others on here, it's fascinating learning the history of so many names that I've heard before but never had the opportunity to see in a Devils shirt. On a personal note, it's really nice to be able to access the history of the Devils - my parents were season ticket holders when the club started up in '86, and my first game was against the Panthers in the WNIR sometime in the early 2000s, but it wasn't until the first year of the Calgary Four's ownership that I started going regularly. To learn about the players and games that a lot of folk on here mention, it's something I appreciate.

Bit of a tangent now, though - the Tough Guys episode where they discuss Voth lead me to this highlight video:

Towards the halfway mark, there's a fight where Voth and, I think, somebody called Knight had off the ice behind the away bench in the BBT - was anybody here there when that happened? What happened? I remember Joey Martin throwing a water bottle at Kevin Noble a few years ago, and something kind of kicking off there as a result, but this looked like a different league altogether!
yeah it was against the Hull stingrays, Adam Knight and Vother had a few early tussles in the game, late in the game with Vother in the box (think he had something like 15 secs left on his penalty) Knight went after Tyler Michel and floored him, a few players got involved like Mike Hardwick, Voth was out of the box like a shot and ploughed straight in to Knight, eventually they got separated then the ref made the biggest mistake ever he kicked them both out of the game at the same time, they walked towards each other and all hell broke loose. the clip is on youtube

Wagstaff

Cool, I will look forward to it, keep up the good work
Listened to the tough guys episodes, brutally honest from Franny how the Blaze brawl came about, surprised at his reaction to Chalmers, one bad hit but a cleaner player would be hard to find, as I say though very honest, there’s not many who would tell that sort of story.
Cheers... I will listen on to the rest

Gazza272

No...no it doesn't.

Die Hard, Cheers and the Heineken League. Let's not mess with the DNA.

haha, only for future predictions, We have been having trouble with it when trying to get it into EIHL era gear since you last used it....

I notice from Dave Simms's posts that he is a great fan of the podcast.
He has suggested that he contributes to the next phase of the podcast.
Whatever you think of him he has a great source of stories about our league you could tap into.

We are going to try and facilitate Simms coming on the podcast, we are going to see if he is planning on making a trip to Cardiff this season, as this would be a better time to do it. if not i'm sure we can Skype, I think it would be interesting to share views on some of the bigger incidents.

terry hunt

I hope the coaches will get some airing.Our leagues have had a few characters on the benches.Some have gone on to bigger things Mike Babcock and Kurt Kleindorst(?) are just a couple.

Gazza272

Hey all, I know pre season is over and we are in the throws of te CHL, but if you are making the trip over to europe and need some company, our latest episode has some amazing stories, we cover what happened when the Danes came over and Andrew Conboy went Loco, we cover Deeds and Danton in their Twitter war, and what a complete pair Franny and G used to be before they were our coaching tandem,

We have plenty of other subjects in previous episodes as well. We are getting loads of Devils fan discovering us, please tell a friend if you have enjoyed what we are doing.

trapped

Just to let you know that episode from last week isn't showing up on Stitcher in the updated list. I've listened elsewhere through google, but just in case you rely on the stitcher listeners for some traffic too.