Devils Vs Giants - 14 Apr 19 - Play Off Final Mega Game

Rob Batch

What a series of games, Steelers, Panthers and Giants. The hardest possible route to the cup, absolutely amazing ! Every single player deserves a medal. Gutsy performance for the full 60 minutes, marvellous !! Well done everybody !!:):):)

zoesdevil

Anybody else feeling drained after that game, it was so intense I was totally drained by the end. So much so that I felt I had played myself, never felt that exhausted before. Well played lads,we had to beat the 3 Arena teams to bring home the trophy, that has to be the hardest route yet. Belfast are a superb team, but when our lads play as they can they take some beating. Bowns was totally immense, we all knew it was going to be a battle of the netties, and I love Bownsy but his performance today was off another planet. Absolutely deserved this win. That was probably the best play off final ever, 60 mins of intense physical play. We lost the league on a technicality, but no one was going to take this one away from us, the guys were never going to see that happen. Finally how awesome is it to be a part of this amazing support, you guys never fail to amaze me, loud, proud, and it’s a true honour to be part of this amazing family.
Happy Hockey Days.
I said to my partner straight after the final buzzer, that my body was aching & shaking!! Lol

Mazzoak

Amazing game. Belfast for me was the better team, Bowns kept us in it with at least 3 saves that should have been goals, awesome performance.

Annoying for me though that some players still seemed to be at 80% of their capability. Ive looked at some of the goals this weekend and prior with utter bewilderment. Maybe they make it look so easy, to skate end to end and score or pass so accurately with speed on a break away and then a few minutes later struggle to make a basic clearing pass.

Anyway. Great result to an otherwise entertainingly trophy-less season.

ASHIPP

Now that is Playoff Hockey! A fast, tense, aggressive close game with both teams giving everything. Congratulations to our Team and the coaching staff for riding the storm and getting the result they deserved. Hard earned compensation for other disappointments this season. A superb defensive performance in a very tight game, taking and finishing their limited chances.

I felt the Devils would find a way to clinch this - confidence, determination and passion were high after defeating the Panthers. Our Guys were custodians of the Playoff Cup and they were not letting go. Especially not to a team that has pushed them all the way this year.

Giants are fast, slick, organised and have options in any situation. It would have required something pretty special to beat them....and it came in the form of two beautifully executed goals by Hedden and Fournier. And then there was Bownsey. Wow. Statistically Berkoswany was marginally the best goalie in the League last season. But I challenge anyone to pinpoint a finer goalie performance in this league than Ben's last night. He was truly immense.

I don't get the commentators/interviewers talk that Giants played the better hockey. Losing Murphy was a massive blow (no-one likes to see a player injured like that), but they have the depth and experience to compensate for that - Dwyer, Riley, Baun, Johner, Shields, Higgins. They cannot blame that result on losing Murphy.

Last night was all about taking chances and playing smart. The Devils did both.

Wannabe2

Amazing game. Belfast for me was the better team, Bowns kept us in it with at least 3 saves that should have been goals, awesome performance.

Annoying for me though that some players still seemed to be at 80% of their capability. Ive looked at some of the goals this weekend and prior with utter bewilderment. Maybe they make it look so easy, to skate end to end and score or pass so accurately with speed on a break away and then a few minutes later struggle to make a basic clearing pass.

Anyway. Great result to an otherwise entertainingly trophy-less season.
You have to remember that if these guys never made mistakes, then they wouldn’t be in this league.

Diafol

There's a good feature on ITV Wales News which you can catch on ITV+1 at 7pm.

BBC Wales Today ?
Not even a mention in passing.

Mazzoak

You have to remember that if these guys never made mistakes, then they wouldn’t be in this league.
I guess, just something about this yrs team, the results have been up & down, had it not been for Bowns we’d have lost that game too, our potential on paper should have seen more success.

Having said that Sunday’s game was great way to finish the season.

Wannabe2

Teams on paper mean nothing, it’s teams on ice that matters, blending together is important, All teams have had ups and downs, no one more than the Panthers, we drew for the league title, and lost it on a technicality don’t forget that, and as for the final, Giants outshot us because we played so much of the game shorthanded, so they were obviously going to get more shots, thankfully their power play was poor, and our power kill was good, and Bowns was untrue. Our forwards won the semi final, and our defence won the final, also no team has ever won the play offs with a more difficult road, we knocked out the Steelers, we knocked out the Panthers, and then we knocked out the Giants, think that is pretty successful myself.

zoesdevil

Has anyone noticed how high Morissette's game winning Jersey is in the auction compared to everyone else, its £1160 & only had 6 bids!! Do you think theres been a mistake with the bidding, as the highest below that is £500 for Fournier?