Devils Vs Giants - 14 Apr 19 - Play Off Final Mega Game

Samael

Best team won. Sincere condolences to jizzland and claret. Guess your grand slam just wasnt meant to be. Always next season tah be sure!

Very happy the team came good and l'm really pleased for the likes of Hedden, Dixon Linglet etc who have been able to win something in a Devils jersey. Congratulations guys, you did yourselves and Cardiff proud.

Devils86

That was nervy. Retaining the playoffs is a great achievement. Now for the blood pressure to come back down.

Bowns incredible and everyone else put in a proper shift. Lovely winning goal!

What’s important though is that we as a fan base don’t act like some of the other fans a few weeks back at the end of the season with all the rubbish on social media.

Win and lose with dignity.

Couldn't agree more that's a reason I left social media and taken a gamble of coming back on the inferno enjoy the moment and don't get suckered into bad banter we are the envy of the league for this weekend.

jenks33

Get in there! What a time for Bownsy to produce his best performance of the season. I said yesterday bownsy will need to make some saves today that he has no right saving and he certainly did that.
Nobody likes to see a player injured but Belfast’s reaction to that hit on Murphy was great to watch. Keefe and Riley completely lost it. It was great to see them rattled.

BostonBart22

Tough one to take felt we (Giants that is) had most of the scoring chances. But Bowns had an immense game in net.

Felt losing Murphy was big for us. Although I think the hit was clean, just unfortunate Murphy made a move around Martin? I think and got cleaned out right after.

But of well 3 out of 4 isn't bad. Felt Cardiff where too good a team to not win something.

Felt that was one if the best PO finals in recent years.
Agree, with your post, giants best period was the 2nd and devils hung on in there, awsome game for tv and neutrals

Breathe! During Lordo's on ice interview he was asked if we could keep our core group of players, he said yes ( did I imagine that?). Could we please start with announcing him as coach?

A HUGE well done to the Devils!
Great offensive performance yesterday, albeit against a shambolic Panthers team, but you can only beat what’s put in front of you.
Today though we saw a completely different performance against great opposition but we stood up did what we had to do to get the job done.
This years Giants have been a a 3rd period team, consistently getting it done late in the game and today was no different, except they came up against an inspired Bowns playing behind a fully committed and determined Devils team defence.
Make no mistake, that was as good a defensive display of hockey that you will see at EIHL level against a fast physical and skilled Giants team.
Yesterday we won the game with a fantastic offensive display, today we won the game with a fantastic
defensive display.
In team sport you win as a team and you lose as a team, however today the difference was Bowns!

Wagstaff

A HUGE well done to the Devils!
Great offensive performance yesterday, albeit against a shambolic Panthers team, but you can only beat what’s put in front of you.
Today though we saw a completely different performance against great opposition but we stood up did what we had to do to get the job done.
This years Giants have been a a 3rd period team, consistently getting it done late in the game and today was no different, except they came up against an inspired Bowns playing behind a fully committed and determined Devils team defence.
Make no mistake, that was as good a defensive display of hockey that you will see at EIHL level against a fast physical and skilled Giants team.
Yesterday we won the game with a fantastic offensive display, today we won the game with a fantastic
defensive display.
In team sport you win as a team and you lose as a team, however today the difference was Bowns!
It’s ironic that you won the game with the best netminding display of the season, against the netminder of the season!

jimmy snels

we played hard physical hockey and we were grinding, but i will stick my head on the block here and say we weren't the best team, we just had the star player in bed bowns. ive been critical at times of his performances but that was an absolute beast of a showing.

zoesdevil

we played hard physical hockey and we were grinding, but i will stick my head on the block here and say we weren't the best team, we just had the star player in bed bowns. ive been critical at times of his performances but that was an absolute beast of a showing.
Agree, I though Giants were the better team, but we did everything we needed to win the game right, blocking shots, bodies on the line, Important saves!! We still had some big chances we missed ourselves! But like the blaze game with us 2 weeks ago, if you dont score your chances, you dont win the game!!

Slartibartfast

It did look like the Giants dominated the game but I think the Devils knew it would be low scoring and is always difficult to beat Besko. So after the first goal they hunkered down to a very defensive game. When the equaliser finally came they upped the offence again and it looked more even for a while until Fournier worked his magic for the second goal.
Then they hunkered down again and the Giants dominated again. Fair play to the Giants, they were relentless in attack and I think the Devils were scared to push forward in case they left a hole at the back.
Bownsy was an absolute hero and has to take most of the credit for the win, though the defensive clearances were excellent also.
But for me the stand out player of the year (in probably the most talented team we have ever had) is Gleason Fournier. How many times have the chips been down only for Fourns to skate the length of the ice and score the game changer. But this goal was extra special. Most of his goals come from the blue line or high slot. However, he knew its hard to beat Besko from there so he charges on goal at breakneck speed and shows amazing soft hands to get through the five hole.
I thought Linglets goal against Nottingham was the best I have ever seen but Fournier managed to upstage him a day later. I really hope he is with us for many years to come because I would pay the ticket price just to watch Fournier play.

Wannabe2

Anybody else feeling drained after that game, it was so intense I was totally drained by the end. So much so that I felt I had played myself, never felt that exhausted before. Well played lads,we had to beat the 3 Arena teams to bring home the trophy, that has to be the hardest route yet. Belfast are a superb team, but when our lads play as they can they take some beating. Bowns was totally immense, we all knew it was going to be a battle of the netties, and I love Bownsy but his performance today was off another planet. Absolutely deserved this win. That was probably the best play off final ever, 60 mins of intense physical play. We lost the league on a technicality, but no one was going to take this one away from us, the guys were never going to see that happen. Finally how awesome is it to be a part of this amazing support, you guys never fail to amaze me, loud, proud, and it’s a true honour to be part of this amazing family.
Happy Hockey Days.

kingmo19.1

Just got back home ... amazing weekend, two excellent performances from us.

Panthers were swept away with ease (didn’t see that coming). The final was a great game. The hit on Murphy was a potential game changing play for me - it was totally clean (despite what you might read). How do I know? I was sitting 15 foot away from it! Murphy didn’t know what planet he was on after he’d hit the ice and I’m surprised he returned for a shift later in the game. The impact on him was massive and I’m sure he must have been concussed - he couldn’t focus on anything when he tried to get up from the ice and I was staring right at him! Aside from that, Bowns was totally first class. Had they equalised at the death, I had a feeling they’d take it in o/t, but we held out playing a vastly shortened bench (with a couple of injuries).

Great result, great team performance and the fans were eminence!

Right, off to bed!