POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Tickets from arena 10am THIS sunday?

• Total voters

OJLloyd

The process for selling until Friday was as published by the EIHL - to everyone else on the 4th. Everyone with the same chance of getting their tickets.

Todd changed that on the Friday. He took 500 out of circulation leaving 200 as per what was announced. He changed it. Those willing to take the chance of 1 in 700 and booked hotels now have 1 in 200 chance. Taking 500 out of the equation because they don’t need them anymore doesn’t mean the odds remain the same. If only someone could make this clearer so those of you misguided this way can stop pushing an incorrect assumption.

If anyone finds that fair then I’m baffled.

Have I taken it personally? Well it does affect me, so I guess that’s a yes? Not sure of your point?

Do I have a right to access tickets? Well until Friday the same rights as everyone else as published by the EIHL, of which Cardiff is a member. As of Friday, no.

If Devils prefer this method going forward then at least we all know where we stand. As they only came up with it on Friday, with 2 days notice, I hardly feel that’s a step of an organisation thinking about all its fan base.

Finally, thank you for your kind thought about me, and many others like me in this predicament, hoping we get tickets. Appreciated.
I hope that last part came across as genuine. You’re obviously a big time fan (otherwise this wouldn’t have bothered you) and hopefully we will need all the passion and noise we can get at POFW, so it was meant.

Re Buffalo Bill’s original post - This is exactly my feelings and put far more eloquently than I was intending to post.

Don’t know if it’s the world we currently live in but far too many people too eager to jump onto their keyboards before thinking things through imho.

Legin

The person in front of me bought the last two tickets...

I appreciate early bird gets the worm but no idea why they couldn't have assigned people a position in the queue and given them a slip with the amount of tickets required on it, thus guaranteeing them the tickets...

Could have been very easily done, would have saved me and many others a few hours of my Sunday morning, not too annoyed by it though, we will all get our tickets...
Out of interest what time did you join the queue ? , which block were you sitting in at the start?

Finny

Todd changed that on the Friday. He took 500 out of circulation leaving 200 as per what was announced. He changed it. Those willing to take the chance of 1 in 700 and booked hotels now have 1 in 200 chance. Taking 500 out of the equation because they don’t need them anymore doesn’t mean the odds remain the same. If only someone could make this clearer so those of you misguided this way can stop pushing an incorrect assumption.
Sorry but the statistician in me has to respond to what you have posted before my brain explodes

Firstly, it was never a 1 in 700 chance, nor is it now a 1 in 200 chance.
After all, odds of 1 in 700 are worse than 1 in 200. If what you posted was true then you'd actually have a better chance now. Which you don't.

The problem is we can't work out the odds because we don't have all the data. We don't know how many people want tickets. And without that we aren't able to work out the odds. We could estimate.

Assuming there are more people wanting tickets than there are tickets available then yes your odds have decreased slightly, but not by much.
e.g. if 750 people want one of the 700 tickets then via the previous method your odds would be 93%. Using this method your odds on 4th Feb would be 80%.
So they've dropped but not by much. And based on the fact I've never seen many people complain about not getting tickets before, I would still guess you've got a high percentage chance of getting tickets.

Plus with Sheffield and MK in the blocks to our sides I think there will be lots of tickets in those blocks available to us.

Mazzoak

Steve King stated

“As owners, we will also make decisions on where to spend our time and money based on the support of our fans. I, for one, certainly hope that this incredible bond and Devils family that has been created continues on for a long long time.”

I simply stated that the club had history prior to the arrival of our Canadian business men and will continue after. The clubs history may well have been poor regarding previous owners, that’s all history, whilst we are all grateful for these guys, the improvements made have shown how viable the club is, it always was. It hasn’t taken huge sums of money or genius business acumen.

As for the “Devils family” the fan base has always been tight, maybe a bit disfuctional, argumentative and spoilt at times, but post WNIR and the fight to get the new rink built proved a bond way before any Canadian investors arrived.

Milky

Sorry but the statistician in me has to respond to what you have posted before my brain explodes

Firstly, it was never a 1 in 700 chance, nor is it now a 1 in 200 chance.
After all, odds of 1 in 700 are worse than 1 in 200. If what you posted was true then you'd actually have a better chance now. Which you don't.

The problem is we can't work out the odds because we don't have all the data. We don't know how many people want tickets. And without that we aren't able to work out the odds. We could estimate.

Assuming there are more people wanting tickets than there are tickets available then yes your odds have decreased slightly, but not by much.
e.g. if 750 people want one of the 700 tickets then via the previous method your odds would be 93%. Using this method your odds on 4th Feb would be 80%.
So they've dropped but not by much. And based on the fact I've never seen many people complain about not getting tickets before, I would still guess you've got a high percentage chance of getting tickets.

Plus with Sheffield and MK in the blocks to our sides I think there will be lots of tickets in those blocks available to us.
Thank you :)

Great response, sense at last.

Steve King stated

“As owners, we will also make decisions on where to spend our time and money based on the support of our fans. I, for one, certainly hope that this incredible bond and Devils family that has been created continues on for a long long time.”

I simply stated that the club had history prior to the arrival of our Canadian business men and will continue after. The clubs history may well have been poor regarding previous owners, that’s all history, whilst we are all grateful for these guys, the improvements made have shown how viable the club is, it always was. It hasn’t taken huge sums of money or genius business acumen.

As for the “Devils family” the fan base has always been tight, maybe a bit disfuctional, argumentative and spoilt at times, but post WNIR and the fight to get the new rink built proved a bond way before any Canadian investors arrived.
Even though I respect your opinion, it's hard to agree with.

It's easy to highlight a few unpopular decision the clubs made recently but it baffles me when people undervalue the work the C4 do.

Sheffield, Panthers, Giant and maybe Guildford all have similar budgets to ourselves. Without sounding arrogant it's only really the Giants who are keeping up with us.

The main reason we've been so successful over recent years is our recruitment. The C4 have a big say in who comes in and out. Kelly Hughes got us Linglet straight from the KHL. Every player that we sign seem to just slot into the team perfectly and we don't have the player merry go round like Steelers or Panthers do. The only two players over recent years I'd consider to be flops were Bordy & Paris and that's just my opinion.

Wannabe2

M
Steve King stated

My view is that without our existing owners, we now wouldn’t have a club, we were sinking faster than the Titanic our owner then was only interested in taking money out of the club, of course we had history prior to them, if we never then there wouldn’t have been aclub to buy. Any club is only viable if they are winning that’s what brings the punters in, you only win by investing and that’s exactly what our owners do invest, how the hell can anyone say how much money that equates to, exactly how much of a bond the fans have affects what they have contributed baffles me. Durham Wasps had a great united fan base, but it didn’t stop them going to the wall. Sometimes in life you never know what you had, till you no longer have it.

M

My view is that without our existing owners, we now wouldn’t have a club, we were sinking faster than the Titanic our owner then was only interested in taking money out of the club, of course we had history prior to them, if we never then there wouldn’t have been aclub to buy. Any club is only viable if they are winning that’s what brings the punters in, you only win by investing and that’s exactly what our owners do invest, how the hell can anyone say how much money that equates to, exactly how much of a bond the fans have affects what they have contributed baffles me. Durham Wasps had a great united fan base, but it didn’t stop them going to the wall. Sometimes in life you never know what you had, till you no longer have it.
100%

Mazzoak

Even though I respect your opinion, it's hard to agree with.

It's easy to highlight a few unpopular decision the clubs made recently but it baffles me when people undervalue the work the C4 do.

Sheffield, Panthers, Giant and maybe Guildford all have similar budgets to ourselves. Without sounding arrogant it's only really the Giants who are keeping up with us.

The main reason we've been so successful over recent years is our recruitment. The C4 have a big say in who comes in and out. Kelly Hughes got us Linglet straight from the KHL. Every player that we sign seem to just slot into the team perfectly and we don't have the player merry go round like Steelers or Panthers do. The only two players over recent years I'd consider to be flops were Bordy & Paris and that's just my opinion.
Let’s not kid ourselves, it’s a two way street, the C4, Todd and Lord are all doing pretty well out of the club and why not.
I’m simply not over valuing their involvement to the extent written on the Inferno. Sometimes when people get passionate the curtain covering their true personality can open up, the comment reminded me of other businessmen who’d ventured in the Devils world and exposed similar opinions.

Diafol

I'm still interested in how long someone waited in line, and how many were not lucky enough to get a Wonker golden ticket on Sunday.
In my case, just over four hours and no ticket.
Having said that, wasn't there someone who got off the RAT bus on Saturday night then slept in their car at the rink so they could be in the queue for 6am ?

Dedication, that's what you need...

I got to the rink at about 6 am and there was already quite a long queue. I still think 6 tickets per person was a lot but it is what it is. I went with two others and we only wanted one each but there were a few getting the full 6 (for valid reasons though I’m sure). Personally I think the maximum should have been 4. Left the rink at just gone 11 so just over 5 hours in total.

It was great watching the youngsters train in the figure skating - does anyone know how they did in their competitions today?

OJLloyd

In my case, just over four hours and no ticket.
Having said that, wasn't there someone who got off the RAT bus on Saturday night then slept in their car at the rink so they could be in the queue for 6am ?

Dedication, that's what you need...
My friend, who I’m hoping was drunk, got off the bus and sat outside until the arena opened. Can’t imagine it was the warmest of experiences.