Panthers Vs Devils - 26 Jan 19 - League

Hedd Wyn John

Don't let Dan Green fool you. That's what he said but he knew full well it was a very bad hit in today's game.
It doesn't matter the height of the players, a hit to the head is a hit to the head. I fear Mosey might be out for a long time, let's hope Rissling is too.
It looked ok to me. I hope Mosey is back soon though.

Diablo3

Devils didn’t really look like they’d win all game, apart from Bentis goal & Garnetts wonder save at the end the Panthers D confined the Devils to the boards or shots from distance. I don’t have the SoGs but I think it comfortably favoured the Panthers.
Actually no, we outshot them 37 31

CaldicotDevil

Can see us falling foul of the DOPS. Ulmer leaving the bench was similar to Cole Shudra for MK and Shudra received 3 games for this. Lord might even get a chargfailing to control the bench.

Huge respect for Ulmer for sticking up but he went about it all wrong. Louis or Batch should’ve just no choices Rissling instead of our most in form player getting 2+2+10.

jimmy snels

remember when our defenceman did a hit like that to a panther, fought a non fighter and won on the night, but was still made to fight next game against their top fighter (cam jansen)? i do. does Lordo? does louis? does batch? as the only guys who could fight their way out of a wet paper bag i hope they sort this out next game. was shocking to see ulmer fighting for his life to stick up for his mate

Last edited:

tim78

I thought he brought his elbow up to contact Mosey’s head
I thought the same ,but i'm still feeling livid about the hit knowing roslings been like it before. Says a lot when you're more experienced and well balanced player goes after him.

Team played well enough for me in the game, but i'm expecting dops to fairly take a review.

All the best Mosey, hope your back soon but take it easy.

bad hit...intentional or not primary contact looks to the head....even with the head down it's the responsibility of the hitting player to ensure safety ......and that he did not.

this Nottingham game was always gonna be a tough ask....two huge games last weekend....then Sheffield......then a team that we always so far had games where it's won by a goal.....and it Was in Nottingham.....

need to dust ourselves off and start another winning streak....

OJLloyd

Ulmer is probably going to sit out a game or two, and to be fair you can’t have people leaving the bench to fight.

If I was Ulmer I’d be in that dressing room raging at the guys who were on the ice at the time of the hit.

The hit itself should be looked at, but it would appear that Rissling didn’t receive any penalty for it, so we’d have to request it.

Mooney#16

We don't play them again. That's a hit to the head all day long. The shoulder was there to be hit but intent or not he smoked the head as principle point of contact. 5 games that should be. Complete credit to Ulmer. Absolute gamer. Rissling is a piece of shit mind. Ulmer goes down. Linesmen make a complete hash up with one blowing a tyre and Rissling starts lighting Layne up when he's prone. No wonder everyone jumped in. I do hope the Devils keep long memories for that guy though. He deserves a bout of karma.

Ocko

Didn’t watch any of the game but have seen the hit and subsequent actions.

Absolutely ashamed of our players with the exception of Ulmer. He quite literally is the last player who should be doing it, and also the last I would expect to. Kudos to him. But he’s almost 40 and a key role player in our team.

I’m not sure who was on the ice apart from Mo, but he or any other player should step up without question. You might lose, but you have to stand up. Our team is almost all from N America and have all been brought up that way. The other 4 players on the ice owe Ulmer, their coach and Mosey an apology. Absolute cowards.

Don’t even care about the result.

Diablo3

I was shocked that Ulmer was the one to try to stick up for Mosey, but that just shows how bad that challenge was, regardless of the lack of penalties

mweller

The type of hit on Mosey has been explicitly ruled out this season - because it leads to exactly the type of possible career ending injury that we saw tonight. It might have been a debatable hit 5 years ago - now the onus is on the hitter. We know enough about head injuries now to place their prevention as a priority.

As significant was Darnell’s failure to call anything - even a minor for charging or interference - was a dereliction of duty. It puts players at real risk & was entirely the cause of all the ruckus after - when other players could also have been injured.

Fournier refused to shake Darnell’s hand at the end, he was incensed. In the longer term this makes attracting good players to our league very difficult as they feel they are being put at risk without protection from the officials.

Last edited:

Gospel

Everyone here seems to forget the ‘legal’ hit Benti put on Liam Stewart last season, that was deemed legal. This is a contact sport, injuries happen. Stewart is still out with from the injury & not sure if he’ll return.

If this hit had been made by a Devil most would be arguing that it was legal.

I don't think Ulmer left the bench to fight, it was just a line change. I think he actually took over from one of the Panthers players helping Mosey off the ice, then the fight was after that.
If I'm correct, it makes you wonder why Lord didn't send Batch and Louis out.

Everyone here seems to forget the ‘legal’ hit Benti put on Liam Stewart last season, that was deemed legal. This is a contact sport, injuries happen. Stewart is still out with from the injury & not sure if he’ll return.

So if it was the other way round would you be agreeing that it was a bad hit?

Diablo3

Sorry, I'm a huge Devil fan but I wouldn't tolerate this sort of hit from our guys either. I don't remember the Benti hit but would have been just as critical of it if it was similar.