Food and drink not aloud?

OJLloyd

On that basis, I would say that Todd Kelman is a fantastic man, who is particularly handsome, and I would very much like a season ticket for next year...

jimmy snels

I got nothing to hide and I haven’t contacted no management,

Maybe they seen what I seen and have now put a notice out there.

I’m glad they did :)
if u dont think posting this on here led to this you are mad.

most pathetic thread I've read gets an immediate reaction because its about getting more money. I would be far more concerned with the actual security of the people inside, not if they have a slice of cake in their bag. Personally the remit should be ensure no knives guns drugs etc get in and if someone is stashing a picnic ask them to eat it outside.

Hockeymad

Thread starter #87
if u dont think posting this on here led to this you are mad.

most pathetic thread I've read gets an immediate reaction because its about getting more money. I would be far more concerned with the actual security of the people inside, not if they have a slice of cake in their bag. Personally the remit should be ensure no knives guns drugs etc get in and if someone is stashing a picnic ask them to eat it outside.
You keep mention CAKE but no mention of the fact they had beer and got very loud shouting etc all game.

Shut up jimmy snells

Paul Sullivan

My reading of the post on the Devils site was that the checks are in fact for security, but having to cope with those sneaking in food slowed down / hindered this and therefore the request to not bring in outside refreshment was made.

They aren't checking for food. Our security team are incredibly highly qualified and rated for large events, but having to also check for food slows down the main purpose.

This isn't exactly new in terms of arena or stadium policy, and while some might think this is down to 'making more money', the fact is that the money made from concessions helps both the arena and the Devils. You don't (or shouldn't) take your own food or beer into a pub / bar / restaurant / cafe - what's the difference just because it is a sporting venue?

RedDevil17

James close my username down this inferno has turned into a disaster over the years. No one is allowed an opinion everyone insults other posters it’s embarrassing now.

Bye
But you insulted someone by telling him to shut up?! What opinion did you give apart from insulting another poster for absolutely no reason whatsoever and yet you say other posters insult each other? You contradicted yourself by doing the same thing which you just moaned about. Anyway I’m done with this thread now, time to focus on the weekend double header!

Last edited:

pjj365

My reading of the post on the Devils site was that the checks are in fact for security, but having to cope with those sneaking in food slowed down / hindered this and therefore the request to not bring in outside refreshment was made.

They aren't checking for food. Our security team are incredibly highly qualified and rated for large events, but having to also check for food slows down the main purpose.

This isn't exactly new in terms of arena or stadium policy, and while some might think this is down to 'making more money', the fact is that the money made from concessions helps both the arena and the Devils. You don't (or shouldn't) take your own food or beer into a pub / bar / restaurant / cafe - what's the difference just because it is a sporting venue?
You should write their PR - your opening paras are a model of clarity

jimmy snels

"We still have some people sneaking food and drinks into the Arena, so please be aware that doing this is slowing down entry into the building and that Security have been asked to be extra diligent to search bags and jackets for games going forward. All of these measures are put in place for overall safety of the crowds, and although we don't catch everyone bringing food/drink in, those that continue to do it are making things slower and more difficult for everyone else."

so to summerise: people sneaking in food is an issue, so we've asked them to check more thoroughly to curtail this but this is now increasing the amount of time it takes to get in. To be honest im struggling to read this in a different way.

mweller

Massive slow hand clap for the OP - must be so pleased that extra checks are now in place. “Miss, Miss, they’ve brought cake in, that’s not allowed is it Miss?”. And also the ppl who complained that the pre game chat meant they were delayed getting in by 10 minutes. This is why we can’t have nice things. If you want to be miserable, fine but do the rest of us have to suffer as a consequence

Hedd Wyn John

I agree. The money from food & drink onsite can make or break a club. I’m sure most fans would rather the Devils & the rink stays in business.

Temme

I agree. The money from food & drink onsite can make or break a club. I’m sure most fans would rather the Devils & the rink stays in business.
Whilst I agree with this - massively - the prices at all sporting events are extortionate, so people who do choose to do this are not doing it to get at the club, it's more of a culture thing i guess, I don't see any harm in sweets/chocolate being brought in, but where does it stop AFTER that?

I also do believe that if people are that way inclined to sneak things in then they would actively avoid purchasing things at the arena if they did come in 'empty handed'.

I'm sure we all agree on here that we understand how it does the club good in the long run, but this thread is a massive joke, as someone above put it "Miss, Miss they've brought cake in! They can't do that" is a ridiculous post to make.

Hats off to the block in block 12 who has successfully smuggled in:-

A Battenberg cake.
A Victoria sponge.
A Carrot cake.
8 Chocolate eclairs.
6 Custard slices.
A Sticky toffee pudding.

...... and a Toblerone!
#cakegatehasarrived