Food and drink not aloud?

Kevlar68

Coventry wasn't far off it was £4 and really liked their little bar it had character also for a Papa John's individual pizza, wedges and a drink it was less than a burger at the Viola.

Last edited:

jimmy snels

I didn’t mean £4-50 a pint isn’t expensive, just that I think it’s the norm in Arena type places.

but exactly why people sneak a bottle of vodka into a festival or concert, if you over price entry, parking, the food and drinks you can bet people will start to look for ways to circumvent the problem. im not suprised at all to hear people have snuck in a few tinnies and a cake. i also dont care that they have to be frank. good luck to them

Last edited:

Temme

but exactly why people sneak a bottle of vodka into a festival or concert, if you over price entry, parking, the food and drinks you can bet people will start to look for ways to circumvent the problem. im not suprised at all to hear people have snuck in a few tinnies and a cake. i aldo dont care ghst they hve to be frank. good luck go them
Did you cat walk across your keyboard mate??

You'll be caring enough on Saturday when i'm waving triple chocolate cake in your face!

jimmy snels

my son was sat on my lap and distracted me. was a shocker although some might think i snuck a few tinnies in my packed lunch how that came out the first time:p:p:p

drainage

The stewards just stand there lookignpretty and haven’t a clue what’s going on half the time.

The steward by block 10 just kept shouting who wants pizza even when the game was playing. It’s becoming a joke down there this season.
Steve the steward you mention is a great guy very helpful and polite on Sunday he spotted an outrageously cute toddler calling for pizza so he was playing games with her ......he’s never done this before so maybe get the info before suggesting he’s clueless. I know not everyone knew what he was doing but given he’s never done it before and has been there since virtually the rink opened it’s safe to assume there was a reason for this one off

Wagstaff

some people on this forum have moments of pure genius and this is one
At our Blaze Junior games, the mums used to have a stand to sell cakes to raise funds for the team, all funded by themselves, Planet Ice have banned them from doing this now at the Skydome due to the no food rule!
Since then I haven’t bought a drink, pizza or any other food item from the rink, but if your smugglers manage to get any contraband cakes in next time you play here, I’d gladly buy one and the proceeds go to your juniors!

OJLloyd

Well, well, well. It would appear that the food and drink has been noticed.

I haven't got the link, but on the post about the game on the website there is a 'gentle reminder' not to try it, and that the bag searches will continue and be extra diligent to prevent it.

Also no pre-game talk, so if it is slow again we know who is to blame...

pjj365

Link here

https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/double-header-weekend-v-belfast-finally-here/

But what confused thinking - mixing up safety with bringing in own food. It suggests searching for food is slowing down security checks - obvioulsy true but should it not be clear that the "food search" is secondary to security

To place such emphasis on food in an item about security checks devalues the importance of security

Kevin roog

The big problem last week was not letting us in at 4 and the crowd started to build. One of the stewards told us we could go in at 4.30 while the q and a was starting at that time.

Earnie

Well we can thank Hockeymad for the Management reaction .
I think he has now quit participating in the forum unless he turns up under a different name again!

Last edited:

Hockeymad

Thread starter #79
I got nothing to hide and I haven’t contacted no management,

Maybe they seen what I seen and have now put a notice out there.

I’m glad they did :)

Diablo3

The guys did say at the last Q&A that they check Social Media and sites like this to see what the fans are talking about. Seems they found this thread.