Faryna Leaves

It’s a shame that we’ve lost Faryna. Definitely true ‘Devils material’ with his gritty style of play and solid all-round game.

We seem to have plenty of firepower from the other forwards. With that in mind, I’d like to see a crease-clearing, hard-hitting player fill that slot. Doesn’t have to drop the gloves all the time (fighting seems to have dropped off a cliff in the EIHL), but someone with an edge who can make space for our scorers.

jimmy snels

what i find bizarre is that todd recognises he was a hero for the way he played but we only signed 1 guy of this nature in the first place. he scores as much as an ulmer, morrisette or haddad, blocks pucks, fights, hits and got stuck in. If Todd recognises this is a type of player we love so will someone please tell our recruitment to get a few more! please no more fancy dans. get me some grit

CaldicotDevil

Brandon Bollig and akim aliu only names i recognised as tough players as free agents. im sure reddevil17 will give an extensive list as our prospects guy
Heard a rumour of Luke Gazdic in the off season and he ticks all the boxes as a Faryna mould of player. Checked on Elite Prospect and he hasn’t played much this year, not sure if that’s down to injury or not as I don’t really follow the AHL.

Slartibartfast

Seriously that’s not needed at all, and is totally out of order, fortunately you are in a huge minority, we are where we are today because of Steve King and his partners, Professional people don’t have to answer to anyone about how they run THEIR business, that’s how they are successful, what crap is flying about, a. We ain’t playing great, that will be addressed b. What’s wrong behind the scenes, one player decided he didn’t want to play anymore, one player was offered a huge contract, and we didn’t stand in his way, one player has decided he needs to return home for personal reasons, and we ain’t standing in his way. Now if that is defined by all this crap that’s going on, then hells bells. We lost a guy that didn’t want to be here, we lost a very good D Man and replaced him with another very good D Man, and now a fans favourite has said he needs to return home, to which the club has responded with, you guys have lost a fans hero,we will re-place him with another hero to cheer on. If any club can be fairer than that then tell me who. We mustn’t take our recent success for granted, and by the same token we mustn’t take our owners for granted either, these guys saved us going down the pan, and that’s fact. In 32yrs we have never had more open, dedicated, and likeable owners than we have now, some people never appreciate what they have until they lose it, hopefully we will all be here together for many years. We are in a playing slump at the moment, Panthers had theirs, Giants had theirs, Steelers had theirs, others are still having theirs, we will play our way out of ours, I get frustrated at times it’s called caring, and that’s what 99% of us do care. Tomorrow we play the Flames, let’s get behind our guys they want success as much as us, rant over.
Just to echo what Glynne said, I have watched the Devils for 29 years and we have never had owners as open as this before. Some previous owners only got involved with the forums to say mind your own business or to threaten legal action.
We really need to hold onto these guys. Lets not drive them away. Remember this is the first time they have run a hockey team. The honey period is over and now they are starting to see the challenges that running a hockey team can bring. So lets give them our support not criticism.

Hockey players are human beings and all sorts of things happen in their lives. Sometimes they get homesick, sometimes they don't get on with another player, sometimes they don't agree with the coach and sometimes they have some bad shit going on in their lives.
Many years ago I got quite involved with the Devils and got to hear things that I should not have heard and some of it was deeply sad and deeply personal.

If Steve King decides to come on the forum and talk about a player leaving, then respect to him for that. But if he decides not to discuss it publicly because its personal to the player then respect to him for that also.

d20

Regards kemp you don't lose an equipment manager mid season before replacing him it's a big job so him leaving before a replacement is gotten is odd ...faryna going similar time ....coincidence or not reasons behind it ......!!..........In regards sports things happen all the times at every club and things move on people move and we bring more in we will be fine just support the team

voth26

That’s the whole point - this isn’t a problem in the eyes of the beloved devils fans and hierarchy - but if the Steelers had been doling out such garbage you’d be on it like a shot!
Sorry whilst I respect your opinion I have to say you are talking absolute rubbish, you and a certain other poster on here yes rolf im talking about you seem intent on stirring a big wooden spoon and painting the club in a really bad light? and no I don't wear rose tinted glasses neither am i a happy flapper. If you felt so strongly about the term used why haven't you brought it up before and secondly what has it got to do with Faryna leaving?.

Last edited:

voth26

Very disappointed. Always will think there is more to this then meets the eye.

On a side note, I’ve heard Mick Kemp has left the club too and is heading back up north. Very strange times.
So do you think there's more to it that Panthers and Blaze have BOTH lost players recently or is it just the devil's?

voth26

I would love to see Steve kings opinion on all this crap going on.

He’s all good speaking when things are going well but nothing for the last month :(

Definately something going on behind the scenes.

All the wrong players seem to be leaving,
Why does Steve King need to come on the Inferno and justify or explain why this or that happened, plus there's a lot of new and a few existing posters on here yourself included who seem intent on stirring up a big pot of crap with comments about "something going on behind the scene" but as far as I can see you can't substantiate any of it. I really wonder what your intentions are!!

jimmy snels

i think the behind scenes rumours most likely started due to the sudden and dramatic decline in team performance and most likely 2 and 2 were put together (possibly making 5!!). with regards to players leaving i hate we lost two characters in blood and faryna and possibly as fans probably felt more in touch with them (blood social media/faryna played like we wanted) its hurt us more than losing a home sick run of the mill kinda guy. in the previous couple of seasons we aint lost anyone but that is kinda unusual in my experience.

voth26

I heard about an hour ago from a very reliable source that all isn’t well behind the scenes. I think it was pretty obvious that something wasn’t right but now I’ve heard this it’s rather worrying.

Hearing that Mick Kemp has now also gone ????

What is going on???
I'm sure you did, funny how you haven't named your reliable source and that you keep banging on about things not right behind the scenes, amazing how seeing as your just a fan but people within the club seek you out to tell you sensitive information!!

d20

This club is run unbelievably well these days the best it's ever been since I started watching 32 years ago these are good times after some very bad ones everyone should be enjoying these times as another team will take our place soon it happens on sport but year on year we have got better and upgrade on players ,there is no need to worry it's a bump and we'll get over it .....#BackTheBoys

SteveKing

So I guess it's time for Steve King to come on the forum then. By the way, I think historically I've commented on here MORE when things are tough than when times are good. Just saying. I certainly don't hide from anything...the least of which being slumps from a hockey team.

As for the situation at hand, I can guarantee you that the departures of the three players are 100% unrelated to each other and 100% unrelated to the Cardiff Devils. It is not my place to comment for Justin but as the release said, he was forced to go home for family reasons outside of his control. Extremely unfortunate but you have to respect his priorities. So difficult to walk away from the game that you've loved your entire life.

Someone mentioned this as a rallying point for the boys. I said that exact thing to Lordo when I was told the news about Justin. This group of players really care. They've had some struggles with their focus over the last month for a myriad of reasons. Hopefully this is the kind of event that can remove any outside distractions and bind them together with the single goal of winning another championship.

Bollig is now retired, Gazdic just signed with San Diego. We tried. We'll keep looking for a good replacement but I fully believe that our current group can do it.

Let's go Devils!

Hockeymad

Why does Steve King need to come on the Inferno and justify or explain why this or that happened, plus there's a lot of new and a few existing posters on here yourself included who seem intent on stirring up a big pot of crap with comments about "something going on behind the scene" but as far as I can see you can't substantiate any of it. I really wonder what your intentions are!!
It worked didn’t it :)