Faryna Leaves

Gazza272

Plus I heard a few guys didn't want to come to Cardiff when we were looking to replace Blood.
How would anyone possibly know that information though? We didn't even know Mosey, Duggan and Schistel were in talks with us. And Mosey and Duggan turned down offers from other teams to come here (by their and Todds own words)

We run such a tight ship when it comes to signings, i cant see who is talking when it comes to people NOT wanting to come here. What purpose would it serve?

RedDevil17

Gutted, totally gutted, we just lost our most entertaining player, Hotham isn’t replaceable, and neither is this guy.
Utter nonsense, every player is replaceable! That has to be the most daft thing I’ve seen from all of your posts. Whilst it’s disappointing he’s left we can and will replace him with a better player who can do the same job. Score hit and fight. We already have one in Andrew Lord. We’ve also replaced Hotham with Schiestel. For example, Edmonton have finally replaced Gretzky with McDavid!

Temme

At a guess i'd say this is health or even injury related.

That's now us - Nottingham - Coventry all looking for replacement forwards...

Hockeymad

This year is a jinx!!
First that thread where someone complained we win all the time and they find it boring etc,
now blood leaving,
faryna leaving.
Parisi signing and leaving with in a week,

It’s not meant to be this season :(

Gazza272

If Justin Faryna had been captain from the start of the season then this would be a different set of players we would be seeing on the ice. To drop him and Ulmer down the lines seems like a punishment beating that neither need or deserve.....

Someone has to play on those lines though?

Martin, Dixon, Myers, Ulmer. Those are 4 quality centres, which 2 play on the bottom 2 lines and 'deserve it' it's just not rational to think like that.

I think Faryna's situation is a little different, in that I think he probably could have been granted the opportunity to play on the top 2 lines as he has the ability to do so. But again, someone has to play on those units, and we have many good players to do so.

Wannabe2

One thing about our club is that it has a habit of turning adverse conditions around, and will do just that for sure. We certainly are in the best hands ever, keep the faith is the order of the day. Tomorrow is a new day.

kettdevil1

How would anyone possibly know that information though? We didn't even know Mosey, Duggan and Schistel were in talks with us. And Mosey and Duggan turned down offers from other teams to come here (by their and Todds own words)

We run such a tight ship when it comes to signings, i cant see who is talking when it comes to people NOT wanting to come here. What purpose would it serve?
Yep, and stating the blindingly obvious, historically there are very few players who do NOT want to play for a championship winning team. Looking back to when Blaisdell was coaching Sheffield, very few of his payers would ever say anything positive about playing for Blazer but he always had a queue of players willing to sign as his teams almost always won.

Gutting to lose Faryna, loved how he played for both ourselves and Dundee. Looking forward to our next move and see who the replacement is.

terry hunt

Gutted, totally gutted, we just lost our most entertaining player, Hotham isn’t replaceable, and neither is this guy. Today is such a very sad day, we all sang that song to him, he was a real Cardiff Devil and should have been here for years to come. Losing Faryna is like losing a family member, we watched a player who played for Dundee, and thought god we would love this guy at Cardiff, it feels like he was only here for 5 mins. God this is one very sad day, we wish you all the love in the world mate, and thank you for being you, I totally feel wrecked at the moment, I was lucky enough to get to know Justin, and feel so unbelievably sad at this outcome, today is one shit day.
I could not have written this better mate.This news has really spoilt my day whatever the reason he is leaving.I wish some people on here would just pay him the respect he is due and not tarnish him or the club with rumours.

Rempel16

28 goals last season without any PP time, yet he still didn't get the opportunity to play up the lines.

It's a sickener that after all of his badge waving against the Panthers, he leaves not three weeks later.

Something definitely isn't right and the silence of Steve King on here speaks volumes in my opinion. No doubt we will replace him with a non-physical player. It seems to be the way that Cardiff Devils are going.

august04

I hope we replace Faryna with someone of similar ilk but with more size and toughness. Hard to replace his tremendous guts and character though, one of a kind in this years’ team and will be missed badly. We don’t need another clone of what we recruited in the summer, not what I want to see anyway.

d20

I know some are gutted but can we please not liken this to losing a family member it is NOWHERE near that and shows no respect for people that have ,especially in recent weeks with young Scarlett of which i'm sure her parents wont regard it as the same ,so lets not get carried away ,its disappointing but this is a player leaving a club of which we will replace him.

Im sure Steve King will update and mention the reasons why as he always does and it up front with us all.

Rich Best

Can’t believe Faryna has left, I really hope things haven’t gone sour behind the scenes here in Cardiff.

Things have been sour for a little while now and there may be more to come.....People will shoot me down but I think a new coach is needed here I really do. Given the same resources coach Lord has at his disposal even Glenn Mulvenna would have been a winning coach these last 2 seasons....#justsayinglike
You are joking right?

Bazza

Totally gutted. One of the nicest guys off the ice and a complete Devil on it.

Whatever the reason I hope Justin and his family have good memories of their time in Cardiff.

Rempel16's comments above are interesting. And the stats for last year with no PP speaks volumes.

Good luck Justin, Kelsey and Noah.

Last edited:

Devil94

A reminder that 3 players leaving a team in a season is not out of the ordinary at all for this league. In fact I would say it's normal. We have just been extremely lucky that no one has left us in 4 years. Every other team have to deal with this every year.
Just because players leave, especially at this level, is not automatically a sign of 'troubles behind the scenes.'
Best of luck to you Justin, and thank you.

Last edited: