Panthers Vs Devils - Wed 26 Sept - League

RedDevil17

Panthers deserved to win. 2 errors from Reddick and a stupid penalty from Linglet cost us. Said it from the beginning reddick should be a Forward and he’d be caught out this year. He’s still the same player he was the beginning of last year, far too weak to be a d man and appalling defensively. Said he’d be caught out this year. Took his goal well though fair play to him and got a good tip in. They’ve deserved to win it has to be said, they’re one hell of a hockey team. They deserved to win. We played poor in the 2nd and 3rd period. Blowing a 3-1 lead is unacceptable. Bowns has to save that for me, he saw it cleanly but he’s been good for the most of regular season so far and he played well up until that point so I’ll let him off. Hopefully we can bounce back against Glasgow which I’m confident we’ll do. Goes to show how important physicality is...

Last edited:
Didn’t deserve anything from this game. We weren’t in it after the first. Defensive zone coverage cost us. Reddick went missing chasing the wrong man onto his D partner’s side on the first - leaving the centre of the ice wide open, then got turned inside out for the second, and Fournier got turned on the third.

Very disappointed with our compete tonight. Didn’t seem like we wanted it enough.

Joke of a third period from the Devils. You cant throw the puck out of the zone all period and hope to win.

I was so ready to praise Reddick after the great first two periods. But the third he got shown up for what he is. Above average offensively, poor defensively. He got flat out owned by Guptil.

Devils86

Credit to them they played the physical game perfectly but we let them in with some “interesting” defensive work. Some IMO suspect calls from the officials as well. Some good hits but thought there were some that were on the line and could easily have been called.

Perfect road performance for 40mins albeit with a couple lucky moments especially in the build up to Bryce’s goal.

Not sure we can say Bownsy hasn’t been at the races - struggled in the CHL but has been good apart from the winner.

Simply: At times we gave their top quality players too much time on the puck in front of net.

And Linglet’s penalty was just stupid for such a clever player.

Gazza272

If we had managed to make that tripping call powerplay rather than a penalty shot, we don't lose that game. We would have had 2 minutes to collect our thoughts, instead the momentum gained from the save spurred the crowd into over drive, and we got into penalty trouble for the first time this year.

dissapointing, but we go again on Saturday

osh

Very disappointing D performance tonight. We also got caught out trying to pressure them too much in their D zone which left huge spaces for them to skate into and expose us badly. Let’s hope our new defensive D man is on his way soon after a very poor showing tonight, too many players went missing tonight.

august04

At 3-1 up, we’ve blown that game, although it’s clear that these are two well matched teams and it could have gone either way. I’m hoping we get our Parisi replacement in soon. I sound like a long playing record but while Reddick looks good when he’s pushing forward, he is still very suspect defensively for me and simply not strong enough or defensively disciplined enough when coming up against teams like this. 2 or 3 poor goals given away tonight. I actually thought Bowns played very well but I think he’d like that last one back, didn’t look screened to me and went down early. A shame that Martin didn’t bury that penalty shot. Oh well, may not be a bad thing in the long run and might emphasise to everyone that we’re not going to have it easy this year. Panthers or Devils for me, whoever can be the most consistent.

Hedd Wyn John

Personally I’d take a PP over a penalty any day. Odds always favour goalie.

Having said that it was clear that Panthers wanted it way more particularly in P3. When they scored that quick goal it seemed like he devils confidence melted away & the Panthers came out guns blazing. When Panthers came out physically the Devils looked stressed & started making questionable plays & unusual mistakes.

jenks33

Panthers deserved to win. 2 errors from Reddick and a stupid penalty from Linglet cost us. Said it from the beginning reddick should be a Forward and he’d be caught out this year. He’s still the same player he was the beginning of last year, far too weak to be a d man and appalling defensively. Took his goal well though fair play to them. They’ve deserved to win it has to be said, they’re one hell of a hockey team. They deserved to win. We played poor in the 2nd and 3rd period. Blowing a 3-1 lead is unacceptable. Bowns has to save that for me, he saw it cleanly but he’s been good for the most of regular season so far so I’ll let him off. Hopefully we can bounce back against Glasgow which I’m confident we’ll do. Goes to show how important physicality is...
Have to say I agree with a lot of this. Tonight’s loss is nothing to be too concerned about but we lost the physical battle comfortably. Reddick looked like a lost puppy at times but at least we won’t come up against that level of physicality every week.
As others have said it was a bit of a silly penalty from Linglet. He’s an outstanding player but the one thing that concerns me with him is he does seem to be playing his own little game at times. A bit like Kurka used to be. He’s better than kurka tho and I’d certainly rather have him on our team.
Bownsy had a great game but how didn’t he save that winner. He could see it clearly and it looked like he just missed it

Gospel

Devils never looked to have the legs to compete for the full 60 tonight. Panties got physical taking more out of us & oncethat happened we never looked like being able to hold on, which was what the game plan clearly was tonight.

The penalty shot proved costly. For me i would have had Mo take it.

Panties deserved the win tonight.

jimmy snels

thought panthers were far more physical than us. i hate watching my team out hit but i reckon it was around 5:1 hit ratio tonight. we looked nervous at the boards by the 3rd.
linglet was really poor tonight. thought reddick was a game of 2 halves. hero to zero!
good on louis for getting stuck in.

Wannabe2

Devils never looked to have the legs to compete for the full 60 tonight. Panties got physical taking more out of us & oncethat happened we never looked like being able to hold on, which was what the game plan clearly was tonight.

The penalty shot proved costly. For me i would have had Mo take it.

Panties deserved the win tonight.
The player interfered with has to be the player taking thepenalty

It's going to be a good series of games to watch against the panthers this season, we visibly tired in the third and started drifting and getting pulled around, panthers got stronger as the game went on, physically we couldn't keep up with them, hopefully we can't find a way around that in future games