Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

Temme

You dont like any of those signings.............
I posted a reply on the rumours thread(?) i think, was a troll comment :) We know we're getting 3 proven league winners in Ulms, Matty & Faryna, and in Hedden there is no reason we don't have a 100 point player!

Devil94

I’d prefer Batch on D tbh to go with a new guy so Batchy could be our stay at home D man if Louis doesn’t come back. Plus he’ll get more ice time as well. Where would we fit Asselin? Pretty sure he wouldn’t be happy playing on the 3rd line. I wouldn’t have had him back anyway tbh. I’d swap Haddad and Faryna so my Lines would be:

Richie - ?
Fournier - (Louis)
Reddick - Batch

Hedden - Pope - Martin
Benti - Ulmer - Haddad
Faryna - ? - Mo
Enforcer - Myers - Moore
For me it's:

Hedden - Martin - Pope
Benti - Import - Haddad
Faryna - Ulmer - Mo
Batch - Myers - Moore

Richie - Import (offensive d-man)
Fournier - Import (Big, stay at home d-man)
Import (offensive d-man) - Import (stay-at-home)

Those three on the third line though - wow.

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that Batch is returning as a forward? Feeling too lazy to check but if he drops back to D then Asselin might still be back....
Batch is on the devils website as a forward again. I can’t see Lordo dropping him back on D he likes him as a hard hitting 4th line forward. I’m sure somewhere there was a quote from Lordo saying that Batch also gives the flexibility in a game of dropping back to D if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I am pretty sure we will start the season with a spare import again with the schedule of the league with more mid week games and the CHL I can’t see the devils moving away from that model.

ASHIPP

For me it's:

Hedden - Martin - Pope
Benti - Import - Haddad
Faryna - Ulmer - Mo
Batch - Myers - Moore

Richie - Import (offensive d-man)
Fournier - Import (Big, stay at home d-man)
Import (offensive d-man) - Import (stay-at-home)

Those three on the third line though - wow.
I can see Louis and Reddick being announced as returnees soon ......leaving two very, very important defensive signings to secure to form our d-corps. Would love to think that Strachs will be back - he is the real deal - but he has big commitments back home. I hope that the team continues to carry a spare or two this season. The schedule including the CHL was tough last year, and injuries were very well managed by the club through having a slightly bigger and more fluid roster.

august04

I can see Louis and Reddick being announced as returnees soon ......leaving two very, very important defensive signings to secure to form our d-corps. Would love to think that Strachs will be back - he is the real deal - but he has big commitments back home. I hope that the team continues to carry a spare or two this season. The schedule including the CHL was tough last year, and injuries were very well managed by the club through having a slightly bigger and more fluid roster.
Agee, assuming Louis and Reddick return - which seems to be the way it's going and sadly Strachan not returning - then the Strachan/Hotham replacements are the 2 most important signings of the off season for me. We saw how we struggled defensively before Strachan came in last year, he turned things around completely and improved Reddick's game no end. These 2 need to be our big signings of the summer in my opinion. I hope we can carry a spare from the off too.

Only 4 weeks to go until the start of training camp so if we sign an extra import and another 2 u23s we have at least 2 announcements a week till then.

bb1

That video just shows how good a signing he is. Its not just his scoring ability that will get everyone on their feet but hes not shy to throw the body and drop the mitts when needed. All round team guy.

Check this out:

bb1

RedDevil17 put him up and its just a harmless guess......However I really think your underestimating a guy like Selleck's playing ability. He offers far more than an out and out fighter would. You obviously haven't taken any time to check out his CV or playing history before you made that comment. He really brings a bit to the table for our league.

Previously played with Louis, A. Hotham and Hedden.

Every coup we signed is because current & ex players speak to their former teammates about how well the devils treat players.

Personally though I can see a big chunk of budget getting spent on a 3rd like forward when we still need to replace Hotham and probably strachan.

Devil_Abroad

RedDevil17 put him up and its just a harmless guess......However I really think your underestimating a guy like Selleck's playing ability. He offers far more than an out and out fighter would. You obviously haven't taken any time to check out his CV or playing history before you made that comment. He really brings a bit to the table for our league.
I only looked at EliteProspects which together with the post was enough for me to deduce he was in the AHL only for his ability to stand up and fight. Not for me. Doesn’t tick the boxes for the quality centre required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bb1

But you can't compare AHL calibrate guys to current players in EIHL. The gap is closing and we could compete against the bottom half of AHL....

Anyway back to my point being...,when you look at Mark Louis who was primarily a tough cookie in AHL and did a lot of fighting....he's managed well in our league and is a solid D man.

I don't think it will be Selleck, but if it was he would do a decent job for us and some of these so called 'knuckle draggers' as many on here would call them would have a lot more to their games at EIHL level than you could imagine.

You don't just play NHL and AHL for fighting alone! If that were the case the LNAH would have had many call ups.

Devil_Abroad

But you can't compare AHL calibrate guys to current players in EIHL. The gap is closing and we could compete against the bottom half of AHL....

Anyway back to my point being...,when you look at Mark Louis who was primarily a tough cookie in AHL and did a lot of fighting....he's managed well in our league and is a solid D man.

I don't think it will be Selleck, but if it was he would do a decent job for us and some of these so called 'knuckle draggers' as many on here would call them would have a lot more to their games at EIHL level than you could imagine.

You don't just play NHL and AHL for fighting alone! If that were the case the LNAH would have had many call ups.
The difference is Louis is a D whilst Selleck is a forward. The only F slot left is a top quality 2 way centre

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk