Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2018/2019

ASHIPP

Russell wasting no time confirming players. Fitzgerald will have come full circle going back to the Clan. Expect he'll do well there.....wonder if the Steelers will have regrets about releasing him?

Russell wasting no time confirming players. Fitzgerald will have come full circle going back to the Clan. Expect he'll do well there.....wonder if the Steelers will have regrets about releasing him?
As much as we all love him, he just can't cut it in our conference anymore with the speed, Clan is a natural fit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mooney#16

Might just be me but I just don't get the love in with Fitzgerald. He's a decent player who can play a good physical game but he is also an emotional bone head. He's done some pretty dopey things in the UK like gouging Batchy, head hunting Goulakos, Sucker punching Bois and every time come out with the most ridiculous excuses. Coupled with the points he's blown through giving up selfish minors I wouldn't go near him.

I get he plays a game fans can warm to as he plays the gladiator out there but the no of games lost through suspension and game management are too emotional.

I give him credit for his unselfishness physically and putting it on the line for the boys but in hockey terms personal take is he's a liability.

Finny

Might just be me but I just don't get the love in with Fitzgerald. He's a decent player who can play a good physical game but he is also an emotional bone head. He's done some pretty dopey things in the UK like gouging Batchy, head hunting Goulakos, Sucker punching Bois and every time come out with the most ridiculous excuses. Coupled with the points he's blown through giving up selfish minors I wouldn't go near him.

I get he plays a game fans can warm to as he plays the gladiator out there but the no of games lost through suspension and game management are too emotional.

I give him credit for his unselfishness physically and putting it on the line for the boys but in hockey terms personal take is he's a liability.
Similar to what I was thinking about when Steelers announced they were releasing him.
He's certainly tough and can hold down a roster spot based on his hockey ability.
But he's just too much of a liability. It's fine him playing sensible hockey for 95% of the game but it only takes one mad minute for him to be chucked out, hand the opposition a 5 minute powerplay and cost his team a multi-game suspension.

Yann Sauve has left the panthers and gone to Medvescak Zagreb. Start of the season he looked a gem of a signing but like most the panthers went AWOL post CHL hockey.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11318
Way too good for this leage. Off to bigger and better things in the EBEL. Just got dragged into a poorly performing Panthers side. No idea how they snagged him in the first place straight out of the DEL champions.

ASHIPP

Way too good for this leage. Off to bigger and better things in the EBEL. Just got dragged into a poorly performing Panthers side. No idea how they snagged him in the first place straight out of the DEL champions.

Read somewhere that Sauve had been recovering from a very serious illness and was easing himself back in to the game, hoping he would regain his standard to try for the European leagues. He certainly succeeded in that.

Read somewhere that Sauve had been recovering from a very serious illness and was easing himself back in to the game, hoping he would regain his standard to try for the European leagues. He certainly succeeded in that.
Beleive he had some sort of cancer, that may be why Panthers were able to get him at his age.

Devil_Abroad

Beleive he had some sort of cancer, that may be why Panthers were able to get him at his age.

Was it testicular cancer? He made a wonderful recovery. Not all Panthers’ fans apparently will miss him but nevertheless a great addition to the EIHL and will be a loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk