Steelers v Devils - Sun 11 Mar 2018 - League - FO 5pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

The hunt for league points goes on as the DEVILS
enter the HOUSE OF RUST

The DEVILS will seek another 2 valuable points to move them a step closer to retaining the LEAGUE TITLE

For those of you that haven't made the trip to South Yorkshire you can follow the events on MNL's unique coverage.

Score predictions and comments always welcomed to matchnightlive@gmail.com.

If you can help us out at MNL please get in touch and let us know whats happening, PM Nott Simpson or text 07527 625206

Why the hell didn't Lord play Bowns in net I know Murdy is good but not enough experience if we want 2 points tonight ,is Bowns injured of has he been given another night off we want this title sooner rather than later

Absolutely dreadful if I was their #kipnoble it would of been won easily #bringbackherlofsky ..... if I see crowder here next season I’ll cry myself to sleep forever ... goodnight devils.

We are Losing the plot at the wrong time and I think Sheffield will be the team to beat in playoffs... please don’t let them win that again :(

The steelers were too physical tonight and finished every hit why can't batch play more shifts would have liked to seen him put in defence when we lost Strachen ,
Apart from Strachen and Myers our big hitters didn't turn up tonight ,can't remember the last time I saw Paris and Pope give a good big hit such big words in off season but haven't come true but very pleased we signed Strachen he is the true package

august04

Re-signing Strachan would be one of my first priorities if I was coach. We were looking shaky defensively before he arrived and he`s made a huge difference, making us much more solid at the back end and covering for the shortcomings in Reddick`s game. If he’s on an MBA package, I think that’s a 2 year course anyway isn’t it? In the running for our most influential player this season for me.

The_Puck

Was I watching the same game as you guys tonight? I was there and a thought the best team lost tonight. We outshot them 50-27, and that’s not including the 3 times we hit the post. I thought Moose had a fantastic game in goal and should’ve won MOM. The boys put in a full 60 minute performance and I can’t blame their effort. There is no need to worry, WE WILL win this league comfortably. And I’m also not worried about Sheffield in the playoffs, it’s Manchester and Belfast I’m worried about.

ASHIPP

Very very unfortunate if Bownsey is carrying an injury...let's hope he is being rested as a precautionary.

No disrespect meant to Capitals (but I can't put it any other way) but the 'easy' games are the ones where one team puts 8 goals passed the backup goalie of the 12th ranked team in the league. The REAL challenge at the moment is to get results against teams like the Steelers and the Giants who the Devils still play twice each very soon.

In the last 7 games, Devils have actually only played 50% hockey - losing to Panthers, Storm , Giants and Steelers. That is a real cause for concern......at a time when the Devils should be getting in their stride.

The team is tantalisingly close to achieving another dream. Steelers played physical and solid defensively. They and all our other opponents will be trying to build momentum for the playoffs. Let's hope it's not at our expense.

Missing one or two influential/impact players from the roster at such a critical time surely requires a rethink in style and strategy of gameplan.

Championship winning teams usually have the ability to adapt and execute to get job done.

Last edited:

mweller

I'm beginning to suspect that some accounts on the inferno are bots that just make up posts from random combinations of the phrases "physical" "bullied" "Bordy" "happy clappers" "boring" etc
We were unlucky to lose tonight - both their first two goals came against the run of play after concerted pressure on our part. And the Strachan pen sealed it.
Yes, our PP was unsatisfactory, but it's been working well all season. And we need to be more direct on goal sometimes, I'll admit I was screaming "shoot!" a few times. Both of those are valid criticisms of tonight's game. But from the comments on here you'd think the Steelers and our league positions were reversed.
On a positive note (is that allowed?) thought Murdy looked solid, goals weren't really his fault. Sweet goal from Martin. Good offensive zone time and shots on target. Hopefully all those will pay dividends on Wednesday.

voth26

Power play shocking tonight could have won this game on power plays tonight
Shocking shocking Lord sort it out
Granted wasn't great tonight but don't think there's been to many games where we've not scored a pp goal. There top PP % in the league so he must be doing something right plus Lord can't do it from the bench, up to the players on the ice

voth26

The steelers were too physical tonight and finished every hit why can't batch play more shifts would have liked to seen him put in defence when we lost Strachen ,
Apart from Strachen and Myers our big hitters didn't turn up tonight ,can't remember the last time I saw Paris and Pope give a good big hit such big words in off season but haven't come true but very pleased we signed Strachen he is the true package
You seen many games this season??

Wannabe2

So unlucky to hit the posts 3 times tonight, but to me we were second best, we played pretty fancy but we weren’t clinical enough, losing Strachan who is such a great player was a massive blow, and then coming up against the best netminder in the league didn’t help our cause. Steelers are coming back into their own again, and they will be the biggest threat in the play offs. We will win the league, and rightly so, after that I think it’s a lottery. Hopefully those words will be shoved up where the sun don’t shine.

kettdevil1

Re-signing Strachan would be one of my first priorities if I was coach. We were looking shaky defensively before he arrived and he`s made a huge difference, making us much more solid at the back end and covering for the shortcomings in Reddick`s game. If he’s on an MBA package, I think that’s a 2 year course anyway isn’t it? In the running for our most influential player this season for me.
It depends on the structure but if full time (which doesn’t mean you attend every day however...) it is generally an academic year and then the Summer to complete your dissertation.

Agree about his influence. An excellent signing.

kettdevil1

Absolutely dreadful if I was their #kipnoble it would of been won easily #bringbackherlofsky ..... if I see crowder here next season I’ll cry myself to sleep forever ... goodnight devils.
Still trying to work out what this post says and who the poster supports....