Corey departing

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Corey Neilson will depart with the Panthers at the end of the season, Neilson arrived in Nottingham as a player in 2006, and 12 yrs later he will say his goodbye’s

RedDevil17

G would be good appointment for the Panthers. Doubt he will come back into coaching but it’s on his level. Either way interested to see who will take over. The team I witnessed on Sunday was a sign of him losing the dressing room completely. Best of luck to him in whatever he does next

trapped

Interesting... I would never announce a manager's departure before the end of the season, it would mean to players that they can coast to the end of the year without expectation. It has certainly worked that way, most of the time, in football.

It may of course have the opposite effect, if players are looking to keep roles and will need to put in a shift to do so. Time will tell.

Nonetheless, the announcement has been well handled and allows him to leave with his head held high.

august04

Interesting... I would never announce a manager's departure before the end of the season, it would mean to players that they can coast to the end of the year without expectation. It has certainly worked that way, most of the time, in football.

It may of course have the opposite effect, if players are looking to keep roles and will need to put in a shift to do so. Time will tell.

Nonetheless, the announcement has been well handled and allows him to leave with his head held high.
Panthers have been shocking since the end of their CHL campaign. I can't see how things could possibly get worse for them.

trapped

Panthers have been shocking since the end of their CHL campaign. I can't see how things could possibly get worse for them.
I completely accept that they have been poor, no argument there. That said, they have still been good enough to beat and Belfast in that stretch. I just wonder whether a disenfranchised team would have an impact on the title. They play Fife twice and us and Belfast once in the run in.

ASHIPP

This is a shame but their fans believe it's the right decision. Corey has brought plenty of success to the Panthers during his tenure as Player/Coach and Head Coach.... but they want more success and his teams have not delivered on all fronts in recent seasons. Corey looked like a man who had accepted this was his last season at Panthers (whether it was his own decision or that of others) at the game down here last week. When expected results don't materialise, it's a pressurised culture from ownership and frustrated fans.

With children still of school age, I would not be surprised to see him at the helm of another Elite League roster next season - Coventry or Braehead. He needs a new challenge. Best of luck to him.

Let speculation begin who will be his successor. Some Panthers' fans hope and believe it will be G. Wishful thinking on their part?

Last edited:

E.D.S.

He’s done one hell of a job there. Not a bad player too. Although I did like it when Vother put him on his backside.
He walks away with his head held very high. Congrats Corey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

It could be. Im sure I saw Vother do it. It was just after the whistle on the blue line. Is it Welled I’m thinking of? Getting old.

Just watched it on YouTube. It was indeed Weller. Very very funny.

Could this coaching change turn the panthers into the dominant force they could (or should) be with their resources or are black and Moran enough of a hinderance to stop that from happening?