Nottingham Panthers v Cardiff Devils - Sun 19 Nov 2017 - League - FO 4pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Let's pen those PANTHERS in the NIC
because you know what happens to cats that escape.
Devils having beaten the Panthers in 2 pre season games and a league game last month travel to the Lace City intent on maintaining their 100% record against a team that did the EIHL proud in the CHL.

If you are not making the trip .you don't have much choice but to join me (OJ) for MNL coverage as the Panthers do not have a wbcast.

Score predictiona as always to matchnightlive@gmail.com and like a broken record player another plea for texters. If you can help out text me on the MNL line 07527 625206

Thread starter #2
TEXTERS URGENTLY REQUIRED If you are one of of our regular texters and can help out please get in touch on the MNL.

Needles to say new texters always welcomed,

OJ

ASHIPP

Over on the Cage, Panthers'fans predicting a win for their team. Who can blame them? Panthers are in a rich groove of winning at the moment-clicking lines, determined mindset, great work ethic and two excellent import goalies. If they don't play Garnett, it will be Galbraith. What a nightmare!

Forget the fact Devils have beaten them twice at the IAW this season. Panthers are a completely different team since their CHL success and are doing what the Devils did last season i.e. demonstrating they can win in any situation.

Only game this weekend for Nottingham. NIC is a tough place but Devils have got results there before. They have the ability to do it tomorrow but they are going to have to bring absolutely the best of everything they have got to outfox Corey and his team. This game is worth 4 points.

It appears both teams took some time to get their players in sync, tomorrow could go either way. It should be a good challenge for either side, should provide some insight as to how well sync’d we are when playing a competitive team. Wouldn’t like to call it beyond being a close entertaining value for money game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Corey has complete faith in his team. He doesn't hestitate to play his entire bench and give fair shifts to those guys who are playing well. His British players like Farmer, Betteridge and Lachowicz have flourished this year.

After Batchy's great performances of late, I fully expect to see him given the ice time he deserves, particularly against the sort of opposition the Devils are facing tonight.

That level of trust from the coach pays dividends for the team and the player. The recent ineffective performances of some of our players at the expense of icetime for those playing really well is a baffling decision.

Ejercito Rojas

Nottingham are finding ways to win.
Devils are finding ways to lose!!!
This team is an enigma, they are either very very good or very very bad . Nottingham are doing what we did last season and because of that I can't see past the Panthers tonight or indeed for the season.

The_Puck

I can see Murdy playing today. Bowns conceded 7 yesterday and his confidence might be down a bit. I can see us winning this game however due to us losing the last 2. 3-1 Devils with an empty net goal. We need to back the boys for 60 minutes. #BELIEVE

Pulling the goalie with 4 mins to play whilst 5-3 down is crazy... starting to concede to many goals for my liking again...
still to inconsistent Panthers will win this league imo.

Hedd Wyn John

Pulling the goalie with 4 mins to play whilst 5-3 down is crazy... starting to concede to many goals for my liking again...
still to inconsistent Panthers will win this league imo.
Desperate for the win I guess but I’m not a fan of pulling the goalie in general unless it’s right at the death.

ASHIPP

Tonight we played the team that will win the league. Panthers are head and shoulders above any other team this year....and in a rich groove of winning.

Championship winning teams develop consistency and find ways to win in any situation. Again, Panthers were behind 3 times tonight and finished in style. They are superior in every department.

The Devils needed a match-up to gauge how they compare to the Panthers now.
The difference between the two teams is night and day. A bit like the difference between last season's Devils'team and this year's.

A disasterous week to forget for our team. A lot of work to do in a lot of areas.

Keep hoping for a return to winning ways or else our expectations might need to change.

Last edited:

kettdevil1

Nottingham are finding ways to win.
Devils are finding ways to lose!!!
This team is an enigma, they are either very very good or very very bad . Nottingham are doing what we did last season and because of that I can't see past the Panthers tonight or indeed for the season.
Sums up my feelings at the moment.... this was a cracking game of hockey which went backwards and forwards but the Panthers found a way.... they remind me a lot of last years Devils in their ability to win, despite not always being at the top of their form.

We are still having too many lapses of concentration and although this was a very good performance for 95% of the game, the final 5% is massively frustrating!!!