Vaxjo Lakers v Cardiff Devils - Wed 11 Oct 2017 - CHL - FO 6pm - Updates/Chat

Thread starter #1
upload_2017-10-8_20-25-3.jpeg

The Devils travel to Sweden for their final CHL hoping to do the double over the Vaxjo Lakers of the elite SweHL.

After that amazing victory at the IAW last week lightening can strike twice and the DEVILS can endorse their arrival in the Champions Hockey League

MNL will bring you its unique play by play coverage of the game and as usual score predicxtions are welcomed to matchnightlive@gmail.com.

So draw up that IKEA chair and follow the action with us

Attachments

Got to be honest I could care less about this game now if I tried, it wouldn't bother me at all if the Devils just phoned this one in and took a hammering, the result doesn't matter, we can't progress, so just get this game over with and get back to elite league duties and sort ourselves out there.

Got to be honest I could care less about this game now if I tried, it wouldn't bother me at all if the Devils just phoned this one in and took a hammering, the result doesn't matter, we can't progress, so just get this game over with and get back to elite league duties and sort ourselves out there.
Totally disagree.
The game also matters enough for Mr King as he’s traveling to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

That was lakers attitude last week.

Hedd Wyn John

If you wanna be the best you've gotta have experience playing against the best. Granted in terms of timing the Lakers game isn't ideal but in terms of player development I say it's vital. The more experience you have playing CHL teams the more it will lead to your player progression.

It may not mean anything but Vaxjo lost their first league game of the season yesterday and have dropped into 2nd place.
Not so sure that’s a good omen for us.
It should be a cracking game. I can’t imagine Steve flying in for a game that we are not going to play our full potential in, that would be embarrassing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil94

so how are we going to be able to watch the game? It's on Premier, but is Premier Player going to be geoblocked? Or through the CHL website?

Pondlife

Last edited:

Leighton

just downloaded premier player as i have premier sports but i'll most likely be in the rink.... if you happen to be there and there's a signal (!) and you fancy huddling around an iPhone you're more than welcome :)

Paul Sullivan

For anyone who doesn't have Premier Sports, download the browser 'Opera'. It has a built in VPN feature, meaning you can disguise the country you are located in and watch the player even if blocked. It is a one-button push to activate so don;t worry if you're a technophobe (the button is to the left of where you would type in a website address / search).

I fear a backlash given their media's reaction to the defeat in Cardiff, but if we gain some confidence and consistency of play out of it then that would be perfect.

For anyone who doesn't have Premier Sports, download the browser 'Opera'. It has a built in VPN feature, meaning you can disguise the country you are located in and watch the player even if blocked. It is a one-button push to activate so don;t worry if you're a technophobe (the button is to the left of where you would type in a website address / search).

I fear a backlash given their media's reaction to the defeat in Cardiff, but if we gain some confidence and consistency of play out of it then that would be perfect.
It took a while...I am such a techno-loser...but even I managed to eventually do it! Cheers Paul

I've downloaded a free VPN literally called 'FREE VPN for iPhone and iPad' and I then airplay to Apple TV and watch it via the CHL ap. works a treat - just watched the panthers game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matbur

The result might mean little but this game can def be a positive learning experience again to the players and the office team to see how Vaxjo operate behind the scenes etc. Occasions like this are building the foundation if we and other UK teams want to reach the next level.

I still think it's insane that the Devils are playing against a team that has the 2017 no.5 draft pick on their roster! Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk