Guildford Flames v Devils - Sun 10 Sep 2017 - C Cup - Chat/Updates

Where not going to get an answer but I would like to know what happened Saturday on the bench with lordo an Mark Lou.that could have something to do with the defensive blip on Sunday.hope there's no sour apples in the locker room!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without doubt and in spite of a win against MK Lightning, these were two below par performances, for whatever reasons.

Having seen the highlights of the Steelers v Panthers game, in my opinion, Andrew Lord is needed on the ice and the team is in need of big performance, improvement or we will be losing them both next weekend. These are going to be two tough games. Let’s hope we neither get bullied nor beaten.

Come on you Devils.

Wannabe2

I watched the whole of the Steelers Panthers game, and none of them were any great shakes, Panthers letting in 6 goals, albeit with back up in, and Steelers letting in 5, what with Giants letting in 6 against MKL, and our dire performance on Sunday letting in 8, there are some weird results happening. It is obviously too early in the season to predict who will come good, and who will struggle player wise. Time will tell for sure.

Have Hope#35

Reading Twitter and Team Forums at least 3 of the 4 so called top teams have numerous fans already slating their defence! Seems it's just an early season thing and I'm sure all will settle down given time. If they don't we're in for lots of goals this season! As for Sunday... It was a terrible result but I'd forgotten about it by Monday morning, I'm just looking forward to the weekend now when the serious stuff begins #LeagueDefence

Slightly off-piste... I've been unpleasantly surprised at SOME Guildford fans on THF. After congratulating them on their win, the obscene arrogance that some of them have responded with is insane! I sense a new set of fans about to surpass the steelers level of arrogance... after one CC group stage win as well *facepalm

ASHIPP

Slightly off-piste... I've been unpleasantly surprised at SOME Guildford fans on THF. After congratulating them on their win, the obscene arrogance that some of them have responded with is insane! I sense a new set of fans about to surpass the steelers level of arrogance... after one CC group stage win as well *facepalm

I see that Andrew Hotham made reference on Twitter to homophobic behaviour at the game on Sunday. Don't know if it was their players or fans but he
reported it to their Club.

dave

I see that Andrew Hotham made reference on Twitter to homophobic behaviour at the game on Sunday. Don't know if it was their players or fans but he
reported it to their Club.
It was a player and it was the reason for the fight.. The league and Guildford need to instigate appropriately.

Wagstaff

A previous poster mentioned that Guildford upped their game as they were playing the champions and I imagine that is true, but that's the price of being the champions, everyone will want to take the scalp of the champs, its like the smaller clubs in football playing Manchester United, so Cardiff will have to be at their best for a while until the rest of the league have had their moment!
But....
For those posters who say it's early, the team will gel or improve, heaven help us all if Guildford gel or improve, no matter which way you cut it, they deserve some credit for taking the game to you!

Well it's quite difficult to analyse a game mostly unseen but if's anything like the liberec game then I guess that we were probably sloppy.
Hats off to Guildford for taking advantage.

Must be hard for the new guys, they are told that the league is the be all and end all, yet they are having to play competitive games in the chl/cup before the league even starts.

We didn't exactly play amazing against MK but got better as the game went on. Lordo reckons we didn't have any compete level against guildford, so maybe we got a hangover from the thurs/weekend style of the chl.

did find this:

trapped

Fournier did the right thing there.

2 on 1, defender takes the passing lane, netminder takess the shot. Doesn't look the best on camera as It's passive but that is what everyone is taught. If he attacks the puck carrier that's him and Murdy beaten by the pass.
Spot on

bb1

Fournier did the right thing there.

2 on 1, defender takes the passing lane, netminder takess the shot. Doesn't look the best on camera as It's passive but that is what everyone is taught. If he attacks the puck carrier that's him and Murdy beaten by the pass.
Spot on. To say it was Fournier fault is crazy. He also made sure Murdy wasnt screened by challenging.

All looked like it was started by a poor pass.

What is noticeable on the highlights on Guildford's website is that they score several goals from Devils players giving up the puck far too easily near our own net leaving an offensive Flames player with just Murdy to beat close in.
Over confident? Sloppy? Or Whatever?