Security

Thread starter #1
Coming to our first game this weekend. Now the Morrisons parking has been sorted out and clarified I just wanted to check something about the security and bag searching. Are bottles of water allowed into the Arena? I don't know if they sell these but my daughter is unable to drink drinks like coke at the moment. What about small bags of sweets? How ruthless are they at allowing food in? I always buy a large hot dog from one of the corner stalls for me and my kids but it would seem a bit mean not allowing bottles of water in if they don't sell them. Thanks in anticipation

Diafol

Seeing as they sell bottled water at the cafe / in vending machines then I would think it's unlikely you'll be able to bring your own.

drainage

Seeing as they sell bottled water at the cafe / in vending machines then I would think it's unlikely you'll be able to bring your own.
Fairly sure its all food and drink and the security guys specifically " Can I check your bag for bottles" at last game. In fact I am fairly sure I saw someone have what seemed to be bottled water taken off them but cant be 100% sure !

pjj365

This is not a security issue but a commercial one

Security is body scans and using the wand in and around bags and that is to be encouraged.

If you don't have a bag you are straight in with no checks. Much as I am loath to increase queuing times this does not reflect a true security check

Thread starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Didn't know they sold bottled water so I can imagine these are a no. Whereabouts are the fountains in the rink, haven't really taken any notice of them if I walked past them?

Leighton

just for info, the water fountain by the café doesn't work properly... use the one by the vending machine outside pad 2.

Finny

Thanks for the replies. Didn't know they sold bottled water so I can imagine these are a no. Whereabouts are the fountains in the rink, haven't really taken any notice of them if I walked past them?
There is definitely one at the far end of the arena near the toilets at the top of the bowl and I think there might be one near where Red Army Travel are based?

Hedd Wyn John

Security is body scans and using the wand in and around bags and that is to be encouraged.

If you don't have a bag you are straight in with no checks. Much as I am loath to increase queuing times this does not reflect a true security check
In order to enter the principality stadium they ask anyone with a coat or jacket to open it so they can see you're not carrying anything inside and you're also usually subject to a quick pat down.

I said this when the bag searches was first mentioned on the forum and was told it was a security measure and the sign of the times. It is in fact no way a security check in the real sense of the meaning. Just a commercial decision as you rightly state. I'm all for safety but this is simply to prevent someone bringing in a bottle of Brecon bottled water.

Wannabe2

We always had a trumpeter, in the WNIR, and the BBT, although I haven't heard him at our new gaff. I believe he is a ex school teacher.