Feedback to Greenbank

James

Administrator
Thread starter #41
There is a fan council meeting tomorrow so hopefully there will be some updates on how things are progressing. If you haven't sent your feedback off to Greenbank there is still time, also if there is anything more Devils related you want discussed send a mail to fc@cardiffdevils.com

Are Greenbank paying a consultancy fee to the fan council. The highlighted issues are not fan related, they are business issues that frankly could easily be sorted out if the right people had been appointed in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bdevil

Anyone know if the guy who does the pizzas outside wil have needed permission from the Devils or IAW or both to sell where he does?

Not sure if this is the appropriate place but my parents were at the rink recently picking up pre-season tickets and when walking back to the car park bumped into someone looking for the ice rink. He pointed to the empty ground where the tent used to stand and said "there used to be an ice rink here wasn't there?" he was completely unaware he was actually looking right at the new rink just feet away.

If you know what the building is it is fine but this just highlighted to me the lack of any signage on most sides of the building. You see IAW if you come down the main road but that won't mean a lot to many people unfamiliar with the place and I think there is a Devils logo on one door if you make it as far as reception that's it.

I don't think he was there for the hockey although I guess the same applies there as well but for someone who hasn't been there before or for a while they have no idea what that building is as this example proved. Seems a massive oversight and possible loss of business not to make it a bit more obvious and promote it for all involved or anyone just in the area.

Needs at the very least some form of signage, would at least thought the flag poles would have been better utilised. Having said that with the attendance figures from last yr likely to be repeated this yr, is there much point increasing what must surely be a very small advertising/promotion budget.

pjj365

Needs at the very least some form of signage, would at least thought the flag poles would have been better utilised. Having said that with the attendance figures from last yr likely to be repeated this yr, is there much point increasing what must surely be a very small advertising/promotion budget.

This is probably right from the Devils immediate point of view

But we need IAW not just being viable but making a good profit to maintain and develop the facilities for the benefit of all furtherance future users

Yes, possibly not quite so important for Devils at least while attendances are good but in the example above I don't think the person was there for the hockey he was just looking for the ice rink and thought it had been demolished while standing right next to the new one.

Just in general for all uses of the venue they might want to consider making it a bit more clear from outside what the building actually is and especially when coming from other sides of the building although in the bigger picture I guess there are a lot more pressing things.

Wannabe2

There is a tiny little sign by the levelled tent that says ice rink, it really is untrue, myself I think the Arena must be losing a lot of income through people not even knowing it's there. IAW means a lot to us, IAW means naff all to most, great shame me thinks.

Ocko

My mother came to pick me up from the rink last season as I'd stayed for a few drinks. I said phone me when you're outside. I had a phonecall saying she couldn't find the rink about half hour later. She was parked next to it where the away bus usually goes in the layby. I kid you not.
I said to her how the hell did you not know, her reply, how the hell was I supposed to know that was the rink. She had a point.

kingmo19.1

As much as I love the multi-coloured IAW logo, somebody dropped a ball and didn't put up alongside it the associated words 'ICE ARENA WALES'. If you look at the same logo positioned in reception, it has the words next to the logo.

Putting the words up - which would be visible for all passing traffic would be a great help!

I guess when a project is a cheap make do with no real interest in its success this is what one gets. Why invest so much of public money into a project that is being run so badly that it's highly likely to fail.

Ocko

Here's a quite interesting review of EIHL rinks by some Canadians posted on THF.

In a nutshell they think ours looks pretty cool from the outside but are disappointed by the inside. The unfinished clock and how boring it is seem to be the issue.

solelace84

I'm inclined to agree with them, unfortunately. It's an awesome facility, but it's a giant, sterile, white, box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk