Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

Ocko

And also it was announced by Swindon on a Saturday. How was Todd even to know when they announced it or planned to? Therefore how could any thanks for his contribution be put out. Give the guys a weekend off for Christ sake. Im sure the club will put something out in the next week or so.

Wannabe2

Think the days of this club being piss poor are well behind us thank goodness, these guys now have a reputation for looking after players, hence why so many players want to return, and so many others want to sign up. I wish CJ all the best in his new venture, still think Luke may have a role to play, seeing as his full time job is in Cardiff. Hope so as his passion certainly can't be bought.

KaneDevils

And for the record, I don't try and wind anyone up, I just express my opinions like everyone else, the fact that I questioned Wannabe2's opinion on our latest signing is hardly winding him up. As I have already said, no one can ever doubt Wannabe2's passion for our club, and long may that remain. As for you not being sure of who I am etc, am I bovvered, absolutely not. Getting back to Reddick, I sincerely hope he is a huge success for us this season - why wouldn't I - I simply have my doubts he is going to be the pure class sort of D man some think he will be, and hope I'm proven wrong as already stated.
Not so much what you say, but how you say it. Your posts often have a sly dig at someone.
Out of interest, why do you have doubts over reddick?

jenks33

Not so much what you say, but how you say it. Your posts often have a sly dig at someone.
To be fair, what's wrong with having doubts? It's a forum for fans to express opinions. I think the worst quote I've seen is something like "Not particularly impressed but very much hope to be proven wrong" is that really over the top? If somebody posted "Terrible signing, what's Lord playing at" then I can understand fans getting defensive.
To be fair Reddick's stats aren't out of this world. They're good in recent seasons but it's not a CV you look at and think "This guy is going to be a stud". I think he will be a hit but that's more to do with having faith in Lordos judgement, rather than his resume jumping out at me.

osh

S
My posts 'often have a sly dig at someone' ? Let me assure you of one thing, when I want to have a dig at anyone, it certainly won't be sly, it will be up front and straight to the point. I prefer to comment on posted material, not the poster.
As for my doubts about Reddick, I think Jenks33 has summed it up pretty much in his post above.

KaneDevils

Or you could just stop having a dig. Your often a little rude/belittling to wannabe, no doubt about it.

In reference to Reddick, I'm just a bit confused by the doubt. I think finny sums it up well in his post.
Another member osh likes to tangle with.

(
So this guy is our 6th defenceman. 2 seasons in the ECHL followed by 3 seasons in Europe. Two of which are in leagues traditionally regarded as tougher than ours.
I reckon he'll get around 5-6 goals. No team has signed a 6th Dman with a better pedigree than him yet.)

KaneDevils

I have a feeling people are looking at scoring stats when judging whether our new D man looks good enough on paper... good old inferno lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. Very hard to judge a players defensive skills, poke checking, hitting ability, defensive positioning etc by stats.
Given also that the +/- can be very misleading. Also with assists, a player only gets one if the recipient buries the puck, regardless of how good the pass is! :D
Going on video footage, this guy can make a pass out of nothing.

Pleximan

That would certainly be the icing on the cake, if Asselin and Andrew comes back, then wow wow wow, how good are we. I really couldn't care less who anyone else is signing, we are the Red Army, stand in our way at your own peril.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
Very very bad quote dude, this guy is pure class try comparing him to Martin Lindman if comparing from the past. If loving everything this wonderful club does is wrong, then I don't want to be right. We are on the crest of a wave at the moment and I for one are going to enjoy the ride, try it it's pretty neat. I have knocked heads with Bob face to face, I have knocked heads with Ragan face to face, it gets tiring after a while, and Jesus the rest feels mighty nice. I know it's a joke, and this guy will prove you wrong he is class, as for improving ,well last season we were hoping for the league title, this season I can't see anyone coming close to taking it off us, and how good does that feel. We are one very very good team this season, if you can cut a player of Doucets class you are in one heathy position. Anyway I can't wait, I am expecting, and I will not be disappointed.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
You get tiring after a while.

But I guess all sports clubs have 1 or 2 eccentric happy go lucky's.

osh

Or you could just stop having a dig. Your often a little rude/belittling to wannabe, no doubt about it.

In reference to Reddick, I'm just a bit confused by the doubt. I think finny sums it up well in his post.
Another member osh likes to tangle with.

(
So this guy is our 6th defenceman. 2 seasons in the ECHL followed by 3 seasons in Europe. Two of which are in leagues traditionally regarded as tougher than ours.
I reckon he'll get around 5-6 goals. No team has signed a 6th Dman with a better pedigree than him yet.)
I've taken issue with Wannabe2 on certain issues for sure, if you think I've been rude, that's your opinion, I think you will find that Wannabe2 and myself have a pretty good board relationship and have pm'd each other over the years without any sort of bother between us. As for Finny, well, anyone who never sees anything wrong with what the Devils organisation do deserves to be 'tangled' with in my opinion. ( can't fault his stats input though! )

Pleximan

Good move all round.... this gives him the chance to see exactly where he is as a player. He will be given a lot of minutes with Swindon and hopefully will be able to justify their faith in him. Good luck CJ
This is actually a real opportunity for CJ to prove that he can progress. If he gets lots of minutes and he grabs the opportunity by netting a decent haul of points then maybe he can show lower end EIHL teams that he is maybe worth a punt next year. People have made references to him just being a 4th line defensive forward while a Devil so he was never to be judged on his points contribution. Well, he was that role player because he was never going to develop as a point scorer frankly. I would imagine that CJ would prefer to find the net moving forward in his career and this is his golden ticket to do just that. From there who knows but it's down to him scoring. No way back to the EIHL unless he does.

bb1

Going back to the Reddick judgement. Stats as many have said before can be misleading. If you look at the stats of Louis (who was awesome imo) from last season they don't give any representation of how good he was. So for me there's nothing in Reddick's stats that suggest he will be average......in fact much the opposite esp seeing the highlights of his past 2 seasons.

Both the points he's produced and those highlights to me show a superb looking hockey player and imo an upgrade on S. Hotham

KaneDevils

I've taken issue with Wannabe2 on certain issues for sure, if you think I've been rude, that's your opinion, I think you will find that Wannabe2 and myself have a pretty good board relationship and have pm'd each other over the years without any sort of bother between us. As for Finny, well, anyone who never sees anything wrong with what the Devils organisation do deserves to be 'tangled' with in my opinion. ( can't fault his stats input though! )
You must have a very long ladder to get on that horse of yours.

osh

You must have a very long ladder to get on that horse of yours.
And you accuse me of being rude ? Not sure what's really bothering you, have a pop at my post by all means, but quantify what you mean. Anyway, lets just get on with the topic eh you're becoming a wee bit obsessed.

Going back to the Reddick judgement. Stats as many have said before can be misleading. If you look at the stats of Louis (who was awesome imo) from last season they don't give any representation of how good he was. So for me there's nothing in Reddick's stats that suggest he will be average......in fact much the opposite esp seeing the highlights of his past 2 seasons.

Both the points he's produced and those highlights to me show a superb looking hockey player and imo an upgrade on S. Hotham
Just curious, did you see any of Reddick's lowlights to get a better opinion on Reddick or just his highlights ? Was there any defensive highlights ? Video packages can be deceiving and once we get into the season and get a 'live' look at him will you be able to get a more accurate opinion and maybe at that point you might be able to say he's an upgrade on S.Hotham, but until then i'm not admitting anything. I hope that he is an upgrade because that's what teams try to do each year at every position but I will wait until he goes around the league once of twice before I say he's an upgrade.

Does anyone know have we used up all the MBA deals this year we normally get 3 places don't we? Got a bad feeling we won't see asselin back unfortunately really do hope I'm wrong!