Feedback to Greenbank

Leighton

All joking aside, that's just a tweak if they are DMX lights. Change the colour temp to 5500k and all would be well.
you are the jedi master of lighting .....

Will the lights on pad 1 do anything special? i mean anything other than create light like they did last season? did i dream it or did you mention some fancy things (though not projection)

Paul Sullivan

you are the jedi master of lighting .....

Will the lights on pad 1 do anything special? i mean anything other than create light like they did last season? did i dream it or did you mention some fancy things (though not projection)
Still waiting to hear the spec and 'language' capabilities of the pad lighting going in Pad 1, but it's possible we might be able to do a little more than turn on / off / dim, yes. No promises mind :p

matbur

Paul are you involved with the sound and music too? Be good to see some more variety (more hockey music) being played, I think about this a lot!

Wannabe2

Would love to see the outside of the building showing off its full potential, this is the best venue we have ever had, lit up properly it could be seen from many busy roads and could be a real pleasure to the eye. Also the Council could do with putting Ice Rink road signs up, and not just tatty dirty sports village signs. I thought of putting them up myself once, but obviously that would be wrong. Greenbank so many people don't even know this facility exists and that's the truth. And at a cost of 17 Million pounds, that's pretty criminal to say the last. This venue deserves much more exposure, more customers through the door more investment for improvements. Especially with the warm days we are experiencing nothing more cooling than a ice rink.

Earnie

I have a number of friends who are well aware of the building but have no idea it is an Ice Rink. This has been mentioned by many in the past.

Ocko

I'll detach myself as a Devils fan and put on a hat of a regular user of ice Sheffield for a tournament. It was discussed about using IAW for the annual Tri Service Hockey competition (week long daytime and evening games with a webcast and sometimes TV), it was decided against moving from there for the following reasons:
Changing rooms are too small for adult teams and there are 14 teams competing. Only the main pad has acceptable sized changing rooms. I wonder if it's possible to utilise other non essential space to create some extra? I mean, is the dance studio actually used? Wasn't there meant to be a gym? And the catering is rubbish; Ice Sheffield offer proper meals from the bar.

I just found it a little sad being from Cardiff that a facility 15 years older (and in Sheffield) is superior to non biased users. We should be ahead of them not playing catch up. I know the All Stars is there but I haven't noticed many junior tournaments taking place. We should be really trying to push us forward as one of the premier ice faculties in the UK and I don't think we are.

I just think the hockey focus isn't there. It isn't Devils related enough and not about hockey which I know from the previous manager is a very deliberate thing.

It would be great to have the Tri Service comp and others in Cardiff. There is certainly room for improvement at the IAW, if the owners are serious change shouldn't be too far ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

d20

I'll detach myself as a Devils fan and put on a hat of a regular user of ice Sheffield for a tournament. It was discussed about using IAW for the annual Tri Service Hockey competition (week long daytime and evening games with a webcast and sometimes TV), it was decided against moving from there for the following reasons:
Changing rooms are too small for adult teams and there are 14 teams competing. Only the main pad has acceptable sized changing rooms. I wonder if it's possible to utilise other non essential space to create some extra? I mean, is the dance studio actually used? Wasn't there meant to be a gym? And the catering is rubbish; Ice Sheffield offer proper meals from the bar.

I just found it a little sad being from Cardiff that a facility 15 years older (and in Sheffield) is superior to non biased users. We should be ahead of them not playing catch up. I know the All Stars is there but I haven't noticed many junior tournaments taking place. We should be really trying to push us forward as one of the premier ice faculties in the UK and I don't think we are.

I just think the hockey focus isn't there. It isn't Devils related enough and not about hockey which I know from the previous manager is a very deliberate thing.
Agree with Ocko here ,it would be great to have junior tournaments and the tri service hockey but it wouldnt be run anywhere near as good as a sheffield tournament,my sons both recently played in the u11 tournament up there and with the amount of teams,families etc up there the catering in the upstairs bar and lower cafe have plenty of options and never run out ,this would be a HUGE let down with ours as it is shocking with staff who would rather chat than take an order ,even milton keynes ice rink has a Papa Johns franchise in there which is much better than our cafe which to be fair is hardly ever open on any training night for hockey or figure skating with people in there its CLOSED ,only opening if public skating is on.
There are serious issues in our rink as to why things are run poorly and need to be addressed and it lets it down like ocko say we have a dance studio and so called gym that dont get used if not change them up to be used as something else,also what happened to the Curling ?

Vartel

Even the Swindon ice rink is better set up for tournaments. There was a rec team tournament there a week and a half ago which had eight teams, all with enough space to get changed, leave their gear etc. With IAW there would not have been space for everyone in the current changing rooms.

Johnnybravo1927

Even the Swindon ice rink is better set up for tournaments. There was a rec team tournament there a week and a half ago which had eight teams, all with enough space to get changed, leave their gear etc. With IAW there would not have been space for everyone in the current changing rooms.

When you juniors play there the kids had to get changed in the bar!

Vartel

When you juniors play there the kids had to get changed in the bar!
There were two teams in the bar, but all the bar stuff was cleared away, and they had much more space than they would have had in one of the little changing rooms at IAW. It is obviously not perfect, but still better than the options at IAW

august04

At the 'Fanalyse' event today at the Principality Stadium, which Todd and the Devils staff were seemingly present at and participated in, one of the speakers is quoted on Twitter as saying the following:
"Having no wifi in your arena is like building a hotel with no beds" says @Julianj1973 at the CRM data & ticketing panel at #FES17
Let's hope Todd can reinforce the importance of this with IAW/Greenbank.

It is a worry why the IAW have these issues, either there is no money, no interest or no knowledge of that business. The outcome for that business is not great. It's a ridiculous situation and frankly Greenbank should be embarrassed, as should all involved in recommending Greenbank as the best option. Greenbank are obviously unwilling to invest, that investment would need to be significant.

Leighton

It is a worry why the IAW have these issues, either there is no money, no interest or no knowledge of that business. The outcome for that business is not great. It's a ridiculous situation and frankly Greenbank should be embarrassed, as should all involved in recommending Greenbank as the best option. Greenbank are obviously unwilling to invest, that investment would need to be significant.

all three.

august04

Having been at the Legends game tonight, nothing seems to have changed in the off season so far. The lighting looks the same, still no wi-fi, still unable to get a cup of coffee (!). Maybe they're saving all the changes/improvements for the Devils matches?!

Ocko

Nothing will change if it involves spending money or making more money.

The missing corner of the clock wind me up, why they don't sell it as advertising is beyond me.