CHL

osh

We are talking about the Liberec game and travelling to Prague ! But yes, you are quite right, Davos is miles from Prague.

As an aside, if you are thinking of travelling to the away Davos game, you can fly via Dublin to Zurich for around £220.
Then travel from Zurich to Davos plus hotels etc. Would imagine it would be quite expensive compared to travelling to watch the away Liberec game in comparison, in total around £500 I'd say.

kettdevil1

As an aside, if you are thinking of travelling to the away Davos game, you can fly via Dublin to Zurich for around £220.
Then travel from Zurich to Davos plus hotels etc. Would imagine it would be quite expensive compared to travelling to watch the away Liberec game in comparison, in total around £500 I'd say.
Or you could go via Luton for just over £50.... then change to the ICE train to Davos which is a great journey..... then back to Zurich ready to fly to Prague.....

Devil_Abroad

Well I didn't see that coming! Thought I had planned everything out well; booked hotel in Davos, flights from Luton to Zurich, Prague to Stansted, then went back to Kayak to book a car they quoted at £185 only to find that when you click the link it opens up the car hire site quoting over £900!!! I think £850 is the cheapest for 4 days! Well that wasn't helpful. Guess hire companies don't want you picking up in one country and dropping off in another?

Now looking at going back to Zurich for yet another flight! Trains too expensive and bus takes 13hrs - change with an 1hr 30mins wait at 1am in the morning.

I won't forget the car hire trick if I do this again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rocketbob

Glad that I went ahead and sorted out my trip to Davos as Red Army Travel have announced on Twitter that they are not able to arrange trips to Davos and Liberec.

I am hoping that all the fans making the trip are able to get tickets. Fingers crossed.

rocketbob

My above post is in no way meant as a criticism of Red Army travel as they do an amazing job. It is just to let people know that they will have to sort themselves out for trips to the aforementioned games.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So the bus company operating from Cerny Most > Liberec has a nice English website at: https://www.studentagency.eu/en/

I can't stress this strongly enough - YOU WILL NEED TO BOOK THE BUS TICKETS IN ADVANCE! Mostly of the time the busses are full/90% on journeys between Czech cities. Tickets are avaliable about 2 months in advance (currently up to 3 August).

As you'll see on the website, they're pretty plentiful and cheap at €7.80 round trip!

Devil_Abroad

Flight to Zurich cheap - car hire steep! Hotel ok. Have to fly Zurich to Prague - a little more expensive. Car hire cheap (4 days £20 cheaper than 1 day in Zurich! No hotel booked yet but hope to stay with friends for 2 of the 3 nights. Flight back steep! BH I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gough60

Think you will find that the more interest/enquiries shown on travel websites about flights and hotel
Accommodation will bump up the costs. Especially as time goes on.