Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

bdevil

Very mixed opinions on twitter it seems..

I'm pretty happy, he, like Ulmer, started to play as we expected him too after the change up of the lines.
A season under his belt in this league now, can hopefully hit the ground running this season and that would mean the potential of an 80+ point season.

trapped

Very pleased with this, as soon as he and Ulmer settled, they were infinitely better and I expect big things from Benti this year. Welcome back!.

kettdevil1

Very mixed opinions on twitter it seems..

I'm pretty happy, he, like Ulmer, started to play as we expected him too after the change up of the lines.
A season under his belt in this league now, can hopefully hit the ground running this season and that would mean the potential of an 80+ point season.
Potentially yes, although given the top scorer last year got 75 points, 80+ might be optimistic. Good re-signing.

Gazza272

Can't wait to see who Lord get's to play on the wing with Benti and Martin. if it's a guy who will click with them then we have a very very good first line next year.

Devil94

Can't wait to see who Lord get's to play on the wing with Benti and Martin. if it's a guy who will click with them then we have a very very good first line next year.
Lord did say he was looking for more firepower for that line. That I guess would be the Doucet replacement. Then a Bordy and Brine replacement and that might be us done with newbies.

Devil94

If we bring in 4 new players then surely 5 have to leave?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well I think 6 won't be back. CJ and Piggsy, Brine, Bordy, Doucet and Kearney. And there's a question mark over Morissette too.

Not convinced that Brine wont be back tbh
Brine and Bordy are on the 37 hockey agent client list. I don't think they would be there if they were lined up to come back.

Well I think 6 won't be back. CJ and Piggsy, Brine, Bordy, Doucet and Kearney. And there's a question mark over Morissette too.

Brine and Bordy are on the 37 hockey agent client list. I don't think they would be there if they were lined up to come back.
Kevin 'our friend' Noble is on there as well, and isn't he returning to the Blaze? Not sure the agent list is a sure sign of any future intentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

What's the 37 hockey agent list?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonesy83

Kevin 'our friend' Noble is on there as well, and isn't he returning to the Blaze? Not sure the agent list is a sure sign of any future intentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are fair few players on the clients list which seem to be signed up for next season already...so yeah I don't think any player can be ruled out of returning just because they are respresented on 37hockey.com

Can't see why Brine would not be back as defensively on the P.K and on the face off he was supreme, he was never going to score lots of goals as this was not his role and his work ethic was top draw.

It would not be easy to replace somebody who works hard night after night with his skill set to settle for limited ice time on the fourth line.