CHL

Devil_Abroad

Premier Sports' 3-year deal to show the CHL has expired.
Not sure if they're in talks to extend it but all trace of the CHL has disappeared from their website.

The live webcasts from the CHL site are pretty cheap IIRC, only about €4 each ?
Thank you for the update! That is cheap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys

I'm gonna "come out" a little here and say that I actually work for the company that provides all the web contact, social media, and stats for the CHL. We are based in Prague and I'm in an office full of Czechs, so if anyone has questions or needs help for stuff to do with Liberec, please feel free to PM me or post in this thread :)

Gough60

Thinking of staying in Prague for few days.
What's the best way of getting to rink from city centre. Any chance of a lift for 2 ha ha.

kettdevil1

Hey guys

I'm gonna "come out" a little here and say that I actually work for the company that provides all the web contact, social media, and stats for the CHL. We are based in Prague and I'm in an office full of Czechs, so if anyone has questions or needs help for stuff to do with Liberec, please feel free to PM me or post in this thread :)
Excellent and not sure if you know what you have started....

For starters:
- as Ffil asks, what's the best way to get to the rink from Prague? The bus has been suggested.
- should we get tickets in advance?
- what sort of reception should we expect from locals?
- would you recommend staying in Prague?

Thanks....

I'm flying from Luton to Prague on the evening of Thursday the 24th. You can take the train onwards to Liberec. I'm a keen traveller so this is perfect for me. I'll more than likely check into a hostel.

Not sure where I'm flying home from. If I'm jobless by then, I plan on going into Germany for a few extra days.

Devil_Abroad

I'm flying from Luton to Prague on the evening of Thursday the 24th. You can take the train onwards to Liberec. I'm a keen traveller so this is perfect for me. I'll more than likely check into a hostel.

Not sure where I'm flying home from. If I'm jobless by then, I plan on going into Germany for a few extra days.
Which airline?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So... :D

The simplest & cheapest way from Prague to Liberec is to take a Bus (they call it a bus, I'd call it a coach) from Cerny Most station in Prague (end of the yellow metro line) to Liberec, run by a company called 'Student Agency'. Don't let the name put you off, they're used by everyone in CZ to travel around the country, comfortable seats and you get a free hot drink too. This takes about 60 minutes - the train goes a very odd way and would take up to 3 hours. You can buy tickets for the the busses online, or when you're here at Florenc in the city centre or Cerny Most itself. I'm reliably informed "no one takes the train from Prague to Liberec" - however as the poster above, if you like travelling and have the time then it could be quite a scenic journey in parts.

To quote one of our guys from Liberec, "It's bullsh!t to stay in Prague and try and go back there after the game. Hotels are more expensive in Prague, and Liberec is beautiful town so it´s worth it."

Tickets... sadly it's not going to be anywhere near full. They're not sure yet if they'll sell online for CHL group games, but realistically this shouldn't be an issue. I would suggest if Red Army Travel do any package, or they don't but there's an organised group of a lot of you, we can probably help out with Liberec directly. But the rink takes 7,500, and there's a designated away sector (about 250 seats) so none of the Czechs think it'll be an issue.

In terms of reaction from locals, I think they'll be absolutely AMAZED to see you! Everyone seems to think the idea of hockey in Wales is quite strange (which I must admit I'm struggling with, but to foreigners apparently it's odd!).

I certainly would recommend Prague for a day or two if you have the time, but as my colleagues have informed it could be difficult trying to come straight back after the game - in theory it could go to penalty shots, so you'd just need to allow enough time.

Fab, thanks, that is helpful.

Finally, any tips about local food and drink to sample?

Looking forward to the game already!
Czech food is really heavy - it's meat and then either potatoes or dumplings for most of the traditional stuff. Obviously you'll get very decent beer here (shame Pilsen aren't back this season, could have toured the brewery before the game!), and then you've got the local shot things like Slivovice.

osh

If there is no organised charter for the Liberec away game, it's possible to fly from Cardiff via Amsterdam to Prague for approx £195 return. Add on the bus fare plus match ticket and 2 nights h0tel at around £100, it would cost around £350 plus food & drinks.

Gough60

As ukavsfan said getting from rink back to Prauge could be a problem.
Are there any other devils fans staying in Prauge that will have this same problem?

Devil94

Thread starter #100
The game on Czech does start at 3:30. Not sure what time the buses are but even with penalty shots, should be out of the rink by 6