Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

I think you're the one that's clueless to be honest. Playing and coaching are two totally different ball games. For example, I can drink beer really well, but that doesn't necessarily mean I would be any good at brewing it! Does that make sense to you?

Take Jose Mourinho for example, hardly even had a career out of football, then goes on to become one of the most successful managers in world football. Just because you play a sport, hardly means you will be a great coach.

This coaching set up has done incredibly well this season. I feel an element of disrespect towards Jamie Elson in your post, say what you like about him, but he has cut his teeth with juniors, gb, video analysis and earned the trust of Andrew Lord who has had his most successful season ever with him by his side.

Sentiment would be giving someone a job just to keep them around, definitely not the case with Jamie Elson.
Playing and coaching are totally different, I actually agree with something you've said for once. Though I think Gerad Adams, Andrew Lord, Mark Bernard and numerous other players have gone on to do very well at coaching after playing. There is no disrespect intended to Jamie, it's just you attitude comes across as your right and your opinion is the only one that counts and not just in this post, but in every one I read. Yes your entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make you right

It really did seem like you were tossing Jamie's credentials aside just because he hasn't been a pro. Either way, there are things people can disagree on, that's all part of what make's a forum tick. I wouldn't post my opinion if I didn't think I was right. Everyone thinks they are right, that's part of the fun. I would say I'm open to other peoples opinions, and have gladly been proved wrong in the past! Layne Ulmer turning it on half way through the season really made some of my prior assessments of him look silly, but I was glad to look silly because at the end of the day he really got us going at times. I feel as though peoples opinions also come down to where they see us as a team. I have been there when we were signing 3rd division Finnish teachers, and I am still here now. My expectations have changed massively. Time's have changed and we have the most ambitious management set up, are competing in the CHL and I genuinely believe we are the best organisation in the league bar none.

ASHIPP

Absolutely fantastic news. Ben is a seasoned goalie and it is a testament to the Club that he loves enough here to want to stay. A massive part of the Team's success.

SteveKing

This team is going to have to make way more money if I'm going to keep feeding this kid every summer! Honestly though, Ben has been such a joy to watch progress. He's a student of the game and of his position with an unbelievable desire to get better and for this team to win. A true jewel for this franchise.

Devil_Abroad

This team is going to have to make way more money if I'm going to keep feeding this kid every summer! Honestly though, Ben has been such a joy to watch progress. He's a student of the game and of his position with an unbelievable desire to get better and for this team to win. A true jewel for this franchise.
So what do you think of the Steelers recruitment this off season Steve? We're going to have to be at our best again next season to keep ahead. Will be interesting to see who Keefe brings in too; must have quite a few good contacts built over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveKing

So what do you think of the Steelers recruitment this off season Steve? We're going to have to be at our best again next season to keep ahead. Will be interesting to see who Keefe brings in too; must have quite a few good contacts built over the years.

Well nobody ever figured that finishing third would be good enough for the Steelers so no surprise that they have made significant changes. I love the challenge and the mystery of the offseason. The more competition from all clubs, the better our league will be.

matbur

Which is why he's the best and makes us a winning team. Love it!

Wannabe2

I firmly believe the others will have to worry about us, Sure Steelers have made some good signings, and Belfast and Nottingham will do also, but I have a sneaky feeling we will be just dandy come the pre season.
HAPPYHOCKEY DAYS

Johnnybravo1927

I firmly believe the others will have to worry about us, Sure Steelers have made some good signings, and Belfast and Nottingham will do also, but I have a sneaky feeling we will be just dandy come the pre season.
HAPPYHOCKEY DAYS
The majority of our squad will return. That was a good enough squad to be the best last year and with a few tweaks again this year. There will be about 5 new faces in total imo