Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

Devil_Abroad

This is on top of Friday's signing announcement?
Yes, on top so I guess there's a returnee on Friday. Maybe A Hotham? Maybe Asselin?

Also the fiasco that was Mega-Monday dropped in favour of a Super-Sunday

Think we should have a Thunderous-Thursday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trapped

This is a superb signing. An u23 that is ready to play immediately and can contribute at both ends is a valuable asset this season. Good work Devils! Also, if you assume that we are losing Piggsie and Jones from the match day roster, this is an upgrade for me.

ASHIPP

Great work by the Devils signing up this top young prospect. Over 100 games for Dundee Stars, their alternate captain, captain of Team GB U20 in the past, North American development and can play in several positions.

With all that on his resume, I would expect to see him being played on a regular line and not bench warming - otherwise all the work helping him develop at Dundee will be wasted.

Welcome to Cardiff, Craig. Very excited for you.

Jonesy83

As far as U23 Brits are concerned this is a fantastic bit of business by the Devils, he's played 2 season in the EIHL already so will know what the league is all about and he's still only 21. Lordo should be able to take his potential to another level.

Great signing.

BostonBart22

Good luck to douce, really thought he be gone by xmas last yr , as it happened he stepped up to the plate with a few crucial goals at that time, gave up silly pens a lot last season, going to a new club may lift his game more imo, hope he does well but not against us .

osh

Great to see Haddad back for another season. His game changed last year and what a season he had. More mature and does the right thing at the right times. A player any team in the EIHL would love to have signed, but he obviously feels at home here in Cardiff. I'm also pleased to hear that Lord will be continuing as a player for next season too, a difficult job being player coach, but he has the respect of his team and handles it so well.

Rempel16

Massive re-signing from the guy that was the heartbeat of the Devils in their championship winning signing.

If Morissette isn't back then Joey has to be in line for a chance with the C on his jersey.

trapped

Joey stepped it up big time last year and became arguably the best power forward in the league. To have him return, is a massive coup and as Lordo has said, he is only going to get better. Here is hoping they can reunite him Asselin and Ulmer

ASHIPP

Fantastic news. Joey has always been a great player but the constellations aligned last season and Joey was awesome. You just knew something was going to happen with every shift he took.
His chemistry with Layne Ulmer and Patrick Asselin a thing of beauty.
A gritty, passionate, creative beast of a player.
The clear choice of Captain next season surely has to be either Joey Haddad or Matthew Myers.

Samael

Glad to see #27 back. He reminds me of Hilton Ruggles, both charismatic guys who are skillful and gutsy players on the ice.

Fingers crossed Pat Asselin is announced next in the weekly off season drip feed as l'd be gutted if we lost him.

Anyone notice just how relaxed Lordo seemed in the interview too compared to the last one where he looked really pissed off about something? Oh and to John Donovan; if you're reading this, are you going for a guinness world record for how many times an interviewer can say 'in terms of'? Seriously fella your interviews are very good bar that grating repetition, sort it out lol

Ocko

Impossible to say about Mo. His form wasn't great before injury however I believe he was playing through injury before he got the major one. He started the season so well, I think he led the team in goals for the first two months. He's also Lord's best mate and is seeing a Cardiff girl so I'd be very surprised to not see him involved in some capacity.

Bit, and it's a huge but, he isn't young and has had a major injury requiring surgery. Whether he could rekindle that form is a big if as well as if he has the appetite to stay and get ready for another go.