Devil94

Thread starter #45
Think on this

If rules don't change and I interpret correctly - just imagine this

Steelers win Continental Cup
Panthers win playoffs
We win league

Gives 3 EIHL teams in CHL That would really annoy our continental neighbours
In that situation, wouldn't the panthers go back to the continental cup instead of CHL? Don't think we can get 3 teams in the CHL, unless we win the CHL, steelers win the continental cup and panthers win the league. Which would be awesome, but highly unlikely.

pjj365

In that situation, wouldn't the panthers go back to the continental cup instead of CHL? Don't think we can get 3 teams in the CHL, unless we win the CHL, steelers win the continental cup and panthers win the league. Which would be awesome, but highly unlikely.
As I say was not sure of rules but that would be awesome

bdevil

Think on this

If rules don't change and I interpret correctly - just imagine this

Steelers win Continental Cup
Panthers win playoffs
We win league

Gives 3 EIHL teams in CHL That would really annoy our continental neighbours
This is essentially what happened last season just with Steelers and Panthers the other way around and we only got 2 teams in CHL.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the roster size rules are for the CHL? Are our 3 u23s going to be expected to be on the bench or if we run with a spare import this year will they also be allowed on the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazza272

Does anyone have any ideas of what the roster size rules are for the CHL? Are our 3 u23s going to be expected to be on the bench or if we run with a spare import this year will they also be allowed on the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nottingham in the past loaded up with spare imports because there are no restrictions in the CHL.

we could I believe play with a whole roster of imports. We obviously won't/don't need to do that but unless rules of changed we can strength a little bit for the competition.

Nottingham in the past loaded up with spare imports because there are no restrictions in the CHL.

we could I believe play with a whole roster of imports. We obviously won't/don't need to do that but unless rules of changed we can strength a little bit for the competition.
Never advisable to sign additional imports just for the CHL. We signed Martins Raitums, Martin Podlesak, Nathan Robinson and Mark Lee for the CHL. Raitums is garbage, Podlesak retired before the CHL even finished for us, Lee injured so iced for about 5 minutes in Amiens during Pre-Season and Robinson was in a world of his own with issues.

Devil_Abroad

Never advisable to sign additional imports just for the CHL. We signed Martins Raitums, Martin Podlesak, Nathan Robinson and Mark Lee for the CHL. Raitums is garbage, Podlesak retired before the CHL even finished for us, Lee injured so iced for about 5 minutes in Amiens during Pre-Season and Robinson was in a world of his own with issues.
I think it would also disrupt the chemistry of the team when re-adjusting to league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil94

Thread starter #56
A reminder that the draw is 3pm tomorrow. Streamed live on the CHL Facebook page.

Hopefully we'll get the fixtures in around two weeks time. The start and end dates of the group stages are midweek, so these games might be midweek, with the league on the weekend?

Unsure about Devils obviously but Panthers have reserved the last weekend in August and the first weekend in September to play some of their games, with others likely being midweek around then.

Devil94

Thread starter #58
Unsure about Devils obviously but Panthers have reserved the last weekend in August and the first weekend in September to play some of their games, with others likely being midweek around then.
Did I see somewhere that the league starts a week later this season? Or I might have got confused with something else.

If that is true though, I would think we have done the same. Hopefully get two of the away games done in the first two weeks to reduce travel during the league season.

Jonesy83

So we are in Pot E

Cardiff Devils
HC Davos
Bill Tygri Liberec
Vaxjo Lakers

What do we think?

Would have liked Red Bill Munich or Frolunda myself.