Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

ASHIPP

We have been waiting 20 years for an all-round player of Doug McEwen's skill who is respected by other players and coaches, adored by the fans.

Joey raises that bar even higher. :cool:

Devil94

Joey and Lordo are joined on the team section of the website by Mark Richardson. No announcement yet, but was he signed on a two year contract last year?

ASHIPP

Joey and Lordo are joined on the team section of the website by Mark Richardson. No announcement yet, but was he signed on a two year contract last year?
We will hopefully be celebrating Ritchie's Testimonial next season after he generously postponed it to make way for the awesome Matchka event last season.

ASHIPP

Hi got that confirmed by the club and Richardson is now on the EP page :)
Yeah Ritchie is our very own Lady Byng award candidate.He'd win that award every year. Very few PIM, leads by example plays at the very top of his virtually faultless game, every shift and always in the true spirit of the game. A tremendous defenceman....and a very generous,modest person with a huge heart. We are lucky.

trapped

Cracking news that Joey and Richie are back. It doesn't get better than Joey at hi level, so Im thrilled to see him skate for another season at least.

Wannabe2

If you ever want to watch a pure professional Athlete, then look no further than Mark Richardson. Devils have been so incredibly lucky to have kept this pure gem for so many years. Mark epitomises exactly how a true gentleman should conduct himself on and off the ice, a better player would be hard to find, a nicer person would be even harder. When you are as good as this young man it would be easy to be a little flippant, and a bit egoistic, but not with this incredible sportsman, certain players have made this great club what it is today, their names are in the rafters for all to see, but the name Richardson wouldn't be out of place alongside them, that's exactly how much Mark has contributed to our club. So very pleased to be the proud owner of one of Richie's shirt, it's certainly means as much to me as a certain Doug McEwens shirt I also possess.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #29
Can anyone actually find anything on the Devils website that confirms Richardson is back, other than the roster part of the site?

I'm happy to add him to the roster on page #1, but it would just be nice to have someone to link to that actually confirms it in writing :D

wildthing74

Big statement but I think pound for pound Richie is the best Devil of all time.
Sure we have had more talented players than were from overseas as well as the best Brit D of his generation in Stephen Cooper but when you factor his longevity,loyalty,skill level,professionalism and all round love of being a Devil I can't think of anybody to rival him?
It's easy to forget how crap the majority of the years were when he was here as a much younger and sought after player and yet he signed back year in year out and played as well as any import on the team.
I always said he was the first guy I would sign each off season if I was the coach as he has been irreplaceable and even as the standard of the league improves each year Richie just works harder to compete at the same standard.
We should never as a club or fanbase take players like him for granted and we have been blessed to see him so many times dress for our club.
If we could clone him and have a squad with his work ethic we would win the grand slam every season.
An incredible servant to the club and I hope he gets a massive financial reward when he gets his testimonial finally and I worry about the day he is too old to patrol the blue line.
How do you replace Mark Richardson?