2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Ocko

Nickerson isn't good enough for a top team. You can't have a d man that immobile anymore, as a forward maybe, but in this era your D men have to be able to skate.

bb1

On a serious note....if the Giants had a better D man the race for title would have been much tighter than it finished! Likely would have come down to last 2 games

Coventry perhaps? :D

Too slow for any of the top teams, won't really fight anymore. Wasn't liked by management in Fife apparently, Clan would be stupid to take him, Dundee and Caps probably won't want him. Only options really are Guildford, MK or Coventry.

Storm will be announcing Neilson's re-signing shortly.

Gazza272

He is an enforcer who cant fight, a D man who cant skate but he does have a rather fetching beard
Can't skate? i'm not having that. The guy has played in Finland and put up a decent year, you don't do that if you can't skate.

i've never understood the criticism of Nikerson. Tough dude with a good first past who is very rarely caught out of position. I wouldn't swap him for Louis but he's more than good enough for the EIHL.

kettdevil1

Can't skate? i'm not having that. The guy has played in Finland and put up a decent year, you don't do that if you can't skate.

i've never understood the criticism of Nikerson. Tough dude with a good first past who is very rarely caught out of position. I wouldn't swap him for Louis but he's more than good enough for the EIHL.
Yes, but is he good enough for a top four team in the EIHL? Agree with you about his positional sense but I am not convinced about his first pass, too often he is trying to do too much rather than keeping it simple and the intimidation factor isn't there are much as it used to be.

I will whisper this but he is no Fitzgerald......

1. I get your point and maybe I am being a bit harsh but personally I dont see him as anywhere near a top half EIHL team. I disagree about him being tough, maybe a few years back but he was quiet as a mouse all season against us when Bordeleau was icing but soon found himself again when Bordy was suspended and he fought a very unconvincing fight against Louis. Hendo also had the better of his last season. I may well ne wrong but I very much doubt he will make much of an impact next season anywhere

It's been 8 years since he played in the Liiga, 5 years since playing in the much weaker Mestis. He played in those leagues whilst in his prime. They're much quicker than the EIHL and having been in the league for 4 seasons now, he has slowed down significantly. He's 32, and over 100kg.

Go back to his time in Fife when he was fresh to the league, most teams would've liked to have him. Not now though, too slow and doesn't play the same way he used to.

ASHIPP

Ben Davies to return.
Who will he be replacing?
Is one of our existing British players leaving? New EIHL roster rules mean 5 British players plus 3 British under 23 players plus 14 imports = 22 roster?
We have 7 British players all over 23 plus Callum Buglass on a two-way.

Have Hope#35

Who will he be replacing?
Is one of our existing British players leaving? New EIHL roster rules mean 5 British players plus 3 British under 23 players plus 14 imports = 22 roster?
We have 7 British players all over 23 plus Callum Buglass on a two-way.
Quite right... and I wouldn't take him over Bowns, Murdy, Ritchie, Batch or Myers! I personally think we should take a pop at Sam Duggan whilst a few of our boys are in Belfast with him, unlikely to come but worth a try.

Would he have been on big money at Blaze do you think?
I don't think he would've been, let's not forget that all teams had signed their rosters when Ben got released from the ECHL. He was looking for a way back into this league and with rosters full and him coming in late, I think he would've had more "reasonable" wage demands.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk