Devils v Steelers - 05/03 @ 16:00 - CC Final - Chat/Updates

Devil_Abroad

I have to say, how good was Moose for the steelers? If it wasn't for him, the scoreline would have been embarrassing for them! Considering Thommo moaned about his team being tired, why did he then shorten the bench so much? They were exhausted in the third and the devils skated rings around them!
Maybe there were a few carrying injuries and others first game back. However they still had 3 quality lines so that display from us was awesome. Non stop wave after wave and the collapsing defence and netminding display by Steelers made it a great final to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RTfarty

Wow.. in the final 2/3s of the game we outshot steelers 30-5
Mustukovs looked very uncomfortable/hurt from the 2nd period onward and I expect that was why the Steelers parked the bus for such long periods of time.

But that statistic sums the game up really, we were relentless!

James

Administrator
Its worth also saying props to Thommo for his post game interview. He's usually a bit of a tool and looking for the excuse but he admits they were outplayed by the better team (If anything he doesn't give the Steelers the credit they deserved) The one odd thing I found was he's clearly written them out of league contention all together. I know its becoming more unlikely they can lift the league cup but I'd expect him to remain at it till its a mathematical impossibility.

James

Administrator
Mustukovs looked very uncomfortable/hurt from the 2nd period onward and I expect that was why the Steelers parked the bus for such long periods of time.
He looked to be winded or hurt after stopping a puck in the bread basket. Spent a while to get up and was doubled over after that.

ASHIPP

He looked to be winded or hurt after stopping a puck in the bread basket. Spent a while to get up and was doubled over after that.
That would be very unfortunate if Moose was injured. The guy was excellent yesterday for Steelers.

But how good was our goalie? Outstanding display from Bownsey including that awesome glove save in the Steelers' breakaway in p3. Gamesaving.

Sliput

Its worth also saying props to Thommo for his post game interview. He's usually a bit of a tool and looking for the excuse but he admits they were outplayed by the better team (If anything he doesn't give the Steelers the credit they deserved) The one odd thing I found was he's clearly written them out of league contention all together. I know its becoming more unlikely they can lift the league cup but I'd expect him to remain at it till its a mathematical impossibility.
In his Pre-game interview he mentioned at least three times that they had played the night before so he had got that in before the game :) :)

Superb display by all Devils players yesterday. The score line did not do justice to how well we played but the display by Moose was one of the best I have seen by a keeper in a long time over 60 mins. Really want to wrap the league up quickly. I have made sure I have a ticket for all the remaining home games (get them quickly...there are not many left for any of the games). No way do I want to miss out on us lifting the league title cup in our new barn!

Devil94

Although a fantastic highlights package by icetimetv (love the GoPro replays from behind the goal) we don't see much of the celebrations. In fact when the final buzzer went the camera was pointing towards the steelers end.

I'm hoping Mr Sullivan has something up his sleeve.....pretty please!

Edit: if someone from icetimetv is reading, is it possible for you to release the GoPro footage from behind Bowns when the final buzzer goes?

Vartel

I've not seen Pering much this season but when I have he seems to like to let the game flow and only call those he has to.

Plus the benefit of two referees is that it automatically cuts out the off-play nonsense that one referee would miss.
The reffing seemed pretty dire whilst watching the webstream. There was one bit where a steeler player seemingly had a devils player in a headlock for about 5 seconds infront of the penalty boxes when the puck had moved out the area, and there was no call

KaneDevils

The reffing seemed pretty dire whilst watching the webstream. There was one bit where a steeler player seemingly had a devils player in a headlock for about 5 seconds infront of the penalty boxes when the puck had moved out the area, and there was no call
I recall that too. As blatant as you will ever see. Also when already on the PP, Benti was basically slashed across the chest, no call.
Other than the incidents mentioned, I thought the officials did quite well.

voth26

As hard as it must have been for Doucet not playing, he showed how much of a complete team player he is and how tight this team is. The guys definitely making him a part of the celebrations was great to see. Amazing atmosphere last night Devils were definitely on it all game so glad Ulmer scored the winner after the flack he received early season.

voth26

Pering was pointless all game at one point he blew the whistle when a steeler slashed Lord's foot by the hashmarks just before a face off, he came over and did bugger all!! and darnell just smirked.

RedDevil17

It doesn't help having one of the referees from Sheffield! Felt like they missed some major calls e.g. the knee on Bordy, the elbow from Desbiens etc.However, great win and a great performance from the Devils and now we move on to Dundee. Let's keep it going and the league could be ours!

Last edited:
I think this was Desbiens #41 on Haddad? Looked to be trying to stop him enter the blue line on the rush:confused:

RedDevil17

I think this was Desbiens #41 on Haddad? Looked to be trying to stop him enter the blue line on the rush:confused:
That was the most obvious penalty there's been in a while. Whilst the officials do a decent job, they seem to miss a few easy calls which even I could've made! He held Haddad against the boards which is holding. Another blatant penalty was the knee on Bordy! That was blatant and seemed nasty.