Devils v Blaze - 08/10 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Finny

Serious enough to cause an inevitable media storm.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Such as?

What about a player who shatters his collarbone and ribs? Ends his career but the team owner refuses to pay for the medical bills. The player can't work and falls into depression, alcoholism and drug abuse.
Do you think that would cause a media storm?

voth26

Im hoping that we batter the blaze with legal, clean big open ice hits and finish our checks on the boards constantly to such a degree that klotz feels that he has to step up and this will give Bordy the increased incentitive (not that he needs it mind) and justification to batter the crap out of him, preferably with the points safely in the bag. simples lol

Electro

It's only deviating if you want to discuss the merits of my comments.

It's relevant as it's highly likely tonight we will see a fight, hopefully it'll be controlled aggression with little physical harm. We have the media reaction to violence within UKIP. This is not North America, it'll be harder to defend the logic in a sport happy to have families enjoying the spectacle of two men fighting.

Johnnybravo1927

It's only deviating if you want to discuss the merits of my comments.

It's relevant as it's highly likely tonight we will see a fight, hopefully it'll be controlled aggression with little physical harm. We have the media reaction to violence within UKIP. This is not North America, it'll be harder to defend the logic in a sport happy to have families enjoying the spectacle of two men fighting.

Do you actually like this league? Or this team?

jimmy snels

Im hoping that we batter the blaze with legal, clean big open ice hits and finish our checks on the boards constantly to such a degree that klotz feels that he has to step up and this will give Bordy the increased incentitive (not that he needs it mind) and justification to batter the crap out of him, preferably with the points safely in the bag. simples lol

Its kinda the hockey i want to see every week if im honest...

Vartel

Must add, after initial hiccup, webcast coverage is very good. Unlike our first period performance, which was dire.
Same here, after that brief blue screen during first period, it has worked perfectly for me.

Waiting eagerly for the analysis by those on here with better hockey rules knowledge of the disallowed goal

KaneDevils

Same here, after that brief blue screen during first period, it has worked perfectly for me.

Waiting eagerly for the analysis by those on here with better hockey rules knowledge of the disallowed goal
Not blaming the ref, but the goal should count. Martin tried to jump out of the way, and Stewart was way out of his crease. Good goal. Much better 2nd period. I'm liking haddad and asselin.

KaneDevils

Well, overall, the best team lost. Haddad, Asselin and Hotham, played very well, although the latter a touch at fault for O.T winner.
Shocked at the amount of turn overs in our own zone. Passing on times is very sloppy. Bit disappointed with ulmer.

Goodnight.

Gospel

Well thats another bad day at the office. We didnt deserve anything from that game. All the hype & getting the arena full & it fluffed.

Devils didnt deseve to get a point from that game.

Blaze played the same as the Panties and yet again we had no answer to it. Lines constantly changing, Brine hardly getting any ice time & we made absolutely no effort to get dirty and grind out a result, which is what we'll need a load of this year. Nothing wrong with a bit of pushing & shoving to get things going but we did nothing.

KaneDevils

Well thats another bad day at the office. We didnt deserve anything from that game. All the hype & getting the arena full & it fluffed.

Devils didnt deseve to get a point from that game.

Blaze played the same as the Panties and yet again we had no answer to it. Lines constantly changing, Brine hardly getting any ice time & we made absolutely no effort to get dirty and grind out a result, which is what we'll need a load of this year. Nothing wrong with a bit of pushing & shoving to get things going but we did nothing.
Thought we pretty much dominated 2nd and 3rd period, had goal contentiously ruled out. Didn't deserve the point?

backrow

I don't think a goalie should be able to come that far out of his net to basically initiate contact with an opposing player to draw a goalie interference call. Morrissette was surprised to find Stewart 5 to 6 feet out of his crease and honestly tried to avoid him.

For a team with great depth, I honestly feel some players were over-used tonight.